Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FIND returns different results in script Post 302189414 by Franklin52 on Friday 25th of April 2008 04:13:28 PM
Old 04-25-2008
Use double quotes:

Code:
find . -mtime -1 ! -name "*file*"

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cant find command that returns blank line

This is my list of sed commands: can anyone tell me where im going wrong. The script works on a file called data which contains 6 student id's and there answers for 6 questions. !/bin/sh sed -e 's/*//g' \ #replace * with nothing -e s/ /X/g' \ #replacing empty space with X -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find results

Hi, how can I get only useful results from find / -size 10000000 without the "Permissions denied" files ? tks C (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carmen123
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command returns files with spaces, mv won't work...

Hi guys. I am trying, to move files found with the find command... Script runs fine, until it reaches a file that contains spaces... Here is what i wrote up quickly. ROOTDIR=/apps/data SEARCH=$(find /data/HDTMPRestore/home/tmq/ -type f -print | grep Mods/Input/bck | cut -c19-) for i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stephan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo statement when find returns null

Hi, How do you echo something once when a find statement returns null results? This is when using mutiple locations and mutiple arguments. The below find command the inner loop of a nested for loop where the outter loop holds the $args and the inner loop holds the locations. find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tchoruma
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find/grep returns no matches

Hi all! I've faced with very unintelligible error using find/grep like this: root@v29221:~# find /var/www/igor/data/www/lestnitsa.ru | grep u28507I get nothing as a result, but: root@v29221:~# grep u28507 /var/www/igor/data/www/lestnitsa.ru/_var.inc $db_name = 'u28507';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulrith
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed returns different results while substitution on a pipe delimited file

Hi, Need help with a sed command that I am using to substitute 3 positions of a pipe delimited file. i am getting different results while substituting the same position of two different files with the same value. Please see details below: $ cat chk2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmenon
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rm -rf ab returns find: `./ab': No such file or directory

Hi Gurus. This is driving me a bit batty. I now if must be a simple matter but I cant find anything that references it. I have a housekeeping script that searches for some huge dump directories then removes them using rm -rf. find ./ -name 'ab' -exec rm -rf {} \; This works but always... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinser
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script find command not printing any results

Hello, Hitting a wall on this one. When at the command prompt it works fine: # find /home/testuser -name 'PAINT*canvasON.txt' /home/testuser/PAINT_canvasON.txt # pwd /home/testuser # ls -l PAINT*canvasON.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 root user 23 Feb 07 02:58 PAINT_canvasON.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux find command returns nothing

Under one of my directories on server I have more than 500 files with different type and name. When I run the find command to list the files with 'ABC_DEFGH' in the begining of its name and older than 20 days, nothing is return as result. Though I know there are more than 400 files which their name... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Home
10 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)