Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question relate to AWK
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Question relate to AWK Post 302189313 by beeloo on Friday 25th of April 2008 12:06:27 PM
Old 04-25-2008
Sorry, it doesn't work. it said:

test2: line 3: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
test2: line 5: syntax error: unexpected end of file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another Awk Question! ;)

The variable "NF" holds the number of fields on the current record. Is there a variable that returns the current field within the record being processed? Given a record of "n" fields (variable number of fields for a given record), how can you tell which field you are actually on when you match a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk .. question?

i have a little awk script that I use looks this: awk '{if (FNR==1){print FILENAME; print $0}else print $0}' file1...file2....fi... > bundled. i have completely forgotten how to unbundle this. I have tried several different approaches and still can not remember how to unbundle the file bundled.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

question on awk

i have bench of files and i have archeive in different names FOR EX: the files come in the directory as 1111_2222_3333_4444_5555_6666_7777.dat.xls.ZIP XXXX_VVVV_3333_4444_5555_6666_7777.dat.xls.ZIP I have to select the files from 4 th position to last position and concaTENATE THEM ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r_satya7
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to relate Radius log entries to DHCP ones

Hi, let say i have 2 log files(they are below) dhcp and radius. What i need is to put the information to a file just from good connections ( Auth: Login OK ) others just ignore. And the information should look like: time, login name, mac, ip, server. But the trouble is that from radius log i get... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrwe
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic awk question...getting awk to act on $1 of the command itself

I have a script problem that I am not able to solve due my very limited understanding of unix/awk. This is the contents of test.sh awk '{print $1}' From the prompt if I enter: ./test.sh Hello World I would expect to see "Hello" but all I get is a blank line. Only then if I enter "Hello... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonHamm
2 Replies

6. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

7. Programming

help with C++ code that relate the object with physical address

I need some help to write a C++ code that read and write the register of a sequencer. I have to make a code that relate the objects with the physical address but I am a bit confuse. Could someone suggest me how to proceed? in which parts do I split the code? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silviafisica
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about awk

Mike Harrington:(510) 548-1278:250:100:175 Christian Dobbins:(408) 538-2358:155:90:201 Susan Dalsass:(206) 654-6279:250:60:50 Archie McNichol:(206) 548-1348:250:100:175 Jody Savage:(206) 548-1278:15:188:150 Guy Quigley:(916)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JA50
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk question : system output to awk variable.

Hi Experts, I am trying to get system output to capture inside awk , but not working: Please advise if this is possible : I am trying something like this but not working, the output is coming wrong: echo "" | awk '{d=system ("date") ; print "Current date is:" , d }' Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to relate ipcs id or cpid to process?

Hi, we have multiple database instances running on solaris server like db1, db2 and db3. Below shown ipcs -pmb shared memory segment output. Using cpid value I want to relate to the database instances db1, db2 and db3. Please let me know how to do this? $ ipcs -pmb IPC status from <running... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: baladelaware73
9 Replies
STARPU_WORKERS_ACTIVITY:(1)					   User Commands				       STARPU_WORKERS_ACTIVITY:(1)

NAME
starpu_workers_activity: - manual page for starpu_workers_activity: 40: [: --version: unexpected operator DESCRIPTION
./starpu_workers_activity: 40: [: --help: unexpected operator ./starpu_workers_activity: 40: [: --help: unexpected operator ./starpu_work- ers_activity: 45: [: --help: unexpected operator ./starpu_workers_activity: 45: [: --help: unexpected operator ./starpu_workers_activity: 45: [: --help: unexpected operator Error. File <--help> not found Offline tool to display the activity of the workers during the execution. The starpu_fxt_tool utility now generates a file named 'activity.data' which can be processed by this script to generate a plot named activity.eps Typical usage: ./starpu_fxt_tool -i /tmp/prof_file_foo ./starpu_workers_activity activity.data OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version output version information and exit -h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version output version information and exit REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <starpu-devel@lists.gforge.inria.fr> ./starpu_workers_activity: 40: [: --version: unexpected operator ./starpu_workers_activity: 45: [: --version: unexpected operator ./starpu_workers_activity: 45: [: --version: unexpected operator ./starpu_workers_activity: 45: [: --version: unexpected operator Error. File <--version> not found Offline tool to display the activity of the workers during the execution. The starpu_fxt_tool utility now generates a file named 'activity.data' which can be processed by this script to generate a plot named activity.eps Typical usage: ./starpu_fxt_tool -i /tmp/prof_file_foo ./starpu_workers_activity activity.data Report bugs to <starpu-devel@lists.gforge.inria.fr> starpu_workers_activity: 40: [: --version: unexpected operator November 2013 STARPU_WORKERS_ACTIVITY:(1)