Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If with set operators
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users If with set operators Post 302189278 by Khoomfire on Friday 25th of April 2008 10:54:25 AM
Old 04-25-2008
If with set operators

Hi guys, I'm trying to run more than one "if" condition at once. What I want is something like

if [[ $a = 1 ]] or [[ $b = 2 ]] or [[ $c = 3 ]]; then

I can't remember the syntax for using this or/and set operators. Can someone please assist/ jog my memory?

thanks
Khoom

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bitwise operators

can anybody write a program to divide a number by another number using bitwise operators (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operators

I am trying to understand Does the following: {tmp+=$10} Mean take $10 and add them all up and call it tmp thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings so I can make my test for today? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH - set specific user variable via string operators

Apologies for the utter triviality of this question, but we all have to start somewhere! I've also tried searching but this question is pretty vague so I didn't (a) really know what to search for or (b) get many relevant hits to what I did search for. Anyway, I'm in the process of self-teaching... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u5j84
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array operators

Hi Lets say I have two arrays: VAR_1 = "File_A" "File_B" "File_C" "File_D" VAR_2 = "File_A" "File_D" Is there a simple command to get the difference of these list, i.e. VAR_1_2 = "File_B" "File_C" or do I have to write a script and loop through all elements and compare them one by one? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wernfried
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

operators in if loop

Hi all, I have a variable which is having the value like below, $ echo ${p} 8 15 22 30 $ My requirement is that the variable should return true when it contains only one number like below, $ echo ${p} 15 $ Otherwise, it should return false if it contains more than one number. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
4 Replies

8. Programming

Combining Operators

Hey everyone, I'm really getting into learning C, but as I look at more advanced example code, I see things like if (!*variable1) blah blah blah... and variable2 ^= *(variable1++); my question is, when you have a combination of two operators, like !*. The ! means 'not' and the *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash -o -v -R operators

I do not know the use of the -o -v -R operators. This is what the info says and I am confused of what optname and varname mean, are they just normal variable? -o optname True if the shell option optname is enabled. See the list of options under the ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies
pthread_condattr_getpshared(3T) 										   pthread_condattr_getpshared(3T)

NAME
pthread_condattr_getpshared(), pthread_condattr_setpshared() - get or set the process-shared attribute SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
attr Pointer to the condition variable attributes object whose process-shared attribute is to be set/retrieved. pshared This parameter either specifies the new value of the process-shared attribute (set function) or it points to the memory location where the process-shared attribute of attr is to be returned (get function). DESCRIPTION
The attributes object attr must have been previously initialized with the function before these functions are called. The functions are used to set and retrieve the process-shared attribute in a condition variable attributes object. The legal values for the process-shared attribute are: This option permits a condition variable to be operated upon by any thread that has access to the memory where the condition variable is allocated. The application is responsible for allocating the condition variable in memory that multiple processes can access. The condition variable can be operated on only by threads created within the same process as the thread that initialized the condition variable. If threads of differing processes attempt to operate on such condition variable, the behavior is undefined. The default value of process-shared is sets the process-shared attribute in attr. The new value of the process-shared attribute of attr is set to the value specified in the pshared parameter. retrieves the value of the process-shared attribute from attr. The value of the process-shared attribute of attr is returned in the pshared parameter. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the and functions return the corresponding error number: is not defined and these functions are not supported. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: attr is not a valid condition variable attributes object. The value specified by pshared is not a legal value. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: The value specified by attr or pshared is invalid. WARNINGS
If a condition variable is created with the process-shared attribute defined as the cooperating processes should have access to the memory in which the condition variable is allocated. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_condattr_init(3T), pthread_cond_init(3T), pthread_mutex_init(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_condattr_getpshared(3T)