Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO Openserver Release 5 and HP VS160 Tape Drive Post 302189226 by uxlunatick on Friday 25th of April 2008 09:22:48 AM
Old 04-25-2008
All SCSI tape drives do not require any drivers for it. You just need to know which SCSI host adapter that you are connecting it to. Check which SCSI host adapter you have / buy and make sure you have the correct drivers available for you OpenServer 5 level. There were / are several levels of OpenServer 5 and some drivers are not always available for each level.

Last edited by uxlunatick; 04-25-2008 at 10:55 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Magneto-Optical drive for SCO Openserver 5.0.5

Hi, I tried to install Magneto-Optical (MO) drive Fujutsu to COMPAQ Proliant ML350 with SCO Openserver 5.0.5. Harddisk and MO are connected to Adaptec UW-SCSI-3 (driver ad160). During boot process system shows me that MO is connected to host adapter 1, bus 0, SCSI ID 1 and LUN 0. But when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yurist
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sco Unix OpenServer Release 3.0

hi everybody I have got a set of sco unix open server release 3.0 flopyy disks series N1, N2, M1, P1...P43, Release notes.. ý did a fresh installation. but ý cant install ethernet card. when ý use netconfig-ad a chain -tcpip... there is a messge : the sco contain TCP/IP driver. and ý... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaygusuz
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tape Drive SCO 5.0.7

Hi guys I had a system running 5.0.6 , we upgraded it to 5.0.7 everything was fine till i try to do a test backup. The error was cannot open (cannot open /dev/xct0 no such file or directory)what i did was, removed the tape , reboot the system and the try to install it again, but its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

second tape drive on SCO 505

I need to run a back up that will take more than one tape. What is the command that will continue the back up on to a second tape drive. the first is /dev/rStp0 second is /dev/rStp1. Anyone? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franruiz
1 Replies

5. SCO

Tape drive issues with SCO 5.0.5!!!

Hi Don't know if anyone will be able to help, but we're currently having problems with our external tape drive on our SCO server. If I try the following command for instance, "tar cvf /dev/rStp0", the tape drive jumps into action for a while, then comes back with the error "tar: cannot open:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattingg
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5.0.5 Tape Drive errors

hi guys, I.m trying to remove and add a new tape drive by using the mkdev tape command and when i try to update the Kernel this is what i'm getting, i386ld: Symbol Sdsk_no_tag in /var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Eb/etc/conf/pack.d/blad/s pace.o is multiply defined. First defined in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

7. SCO

Configuring Tape in SCO OPENSERVER 5

Hello All, I m new in SCO.Please any one help me regarding configuring HP TapeDrive in SCO OPENSERVER5. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ather_36
1 Replies

8. SCO

Tandberg Tape SLR70 on SCO Openserver 6.0

Hello, I've a Dell computer Poweredge 1800 with a Perc DC4 Dual channel raid controller :D . The whole computer is SCSI based . I've installed the whole system (SCO 6.0, maintenance package 2.0, and our Openbasic software and all printers). Everything works, even my remote printers. But I've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frederik1
2 Replies

9. SCO

how to access data in a pen drive in sco openserver 6

Does anybody know the commands to access the data from a pen drive in a SCO Openserver 6. What are the parameters to the mount command for accessing the USB port:confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jksah
9 Replies

10. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 Tape Drive swap

Our tape drive died and I installed a newer Quantum DAT72 drive in it's place with the same SCSI ID. It still works, but with one major flaw, the system will lock up if I try to upgrade BackupEDGE or view NFS settings in scoadmin. I get a Transition to ready failure on ha=0* message when the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
4 Replies
BACKUP_STATUS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						  BACKUP_STATUS(8)

NAME
backup_status - Reports a Tape Coordinator's status SYNOPSIS
backup status [-portoffset <TC port offset>] [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup st [-p <TC port offset>] [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup status command displays which operation, if any, the indicated Tape Coordinator is currently executing. OPTIONS
-portoffset <TC port offset> Specifies the port offset number of the Tape Coordinator for which to report the status. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The following message indicates that the Tape Coordinator is not currently performing an operation: Tape coordinator is idle Otherwise, the output includes a message of the following format for each running or pending operation: Task <task_ID>: <operation>: <status> where <task_ID> Is a task identification number assigned by the Tape Coordinator. It begins with the Tape Coordinator's port offset number. <operation> Identifies the operation the Tape Coordinator is performing, which is initiated by the indicated command: Dump The backup dump command. Restore The backup diskrestore, backup volrestore, or backup volsetrestore commands. Labeltape The backup labeltape command. Scantape The backup scantape command. SaveDb The backup savedb command. RestoreDb The backup restoredb command. <status> Indicates the job's current status in one of the following messages. number Kbytes transferred, volume volume_name For a running dump operation, indicates the number of kilobytes copied to tape or a backup data file so far, and the volume currently being dumped. number Kbytes, restore.volume For a running restore operation, indicates the number of kilobytes copied into AFS from a tape or a backup data file so far. [abort requested] The backup kill command was issued, but the termination signal has yet to reach the Tape Coordinator. [abort sent] The operation is canceled by the backup kill command. Once the Backup System removes an operation from the queue or stops it from running, it no longer appears at all in the output from the command. [butc contact lost] The backup command interpreter cannot reach the Tape Coordinator. The message can mean either that the Tape Coordinator handling the operation was terminated or failed while the operation was running, or that the connection to the Tape Coordinator timed out. [done] The Tape Coordinator has finished the operation. [drive wait] The operation is waiting for the specified tape drive to become free. [operator wait] The Tape Coordinator is waiting for the backup operator to insert a tape in the drive. If the Tape Coordinator is communicating with an XBSA server (a third-party backup utility that implements the Open Group's Backup Service API [XBSA]), the following message appears last in the output: <XBSA_program> Tape coordinator where <XBSA_program> is the name of the XBSA-compliant program. EXAMPLES
The following example shows that the Tape Coordinator with port offset 4 has so far dumped about 1.5 MB of data for the current dump operation, and is currently dumping the volume named "user.pat.backup": % backup status -portoffset 4 Task 4001: Dump: 1520 Kbytes transferred, volume user.pat.backup PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), butc(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_STATUS(8)