Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UrgentPlease: compare 1 value with file values eliminating special characters Post 302189204 by kittusri9 on Friday 25th of April 2008 08:18:28 AM
Old 04-25-2008
UrgentPlease: compare 1 value with file values eliminating special characters

Hi All,

I have file

i have values like
----

I have another file
cat supplierDetails.txt
-------------------------
112|MIMUS|krishnaveni@google.com
113|MIMIRE|krishnaveni@google.com
114|MIMCHN|krishnaveni@google.com
115|CEL|krishnaveni@google.com
108|UGEN|krishnaveni@google.com
109|SLAND|krishnaveni@google.com

I need to compare above values to this file first column values
if 112=112 then
i need to print MIMUS
like i need to validate above all values to this file,
I need it in loop

Please help me

Thanks
Krish.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see special characters in a file using vi

Hi, I have a file which has special characters. I can't see them when I "vi" the file. But I am sure there are some special un seen characters. How can I see them? Please help. Thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete a file with special characters

I don't now exactly how I did it, but I created a file named " -C " cexdi:/home1 $ls -lt total 1801336 -rw------- 1 cexdi ced-group 922275840 23 mars 10:03 -C How do I delete this file ? cexdi:/home1 $rm -C rm: invalid option -- C Syntax : rm filename ... Doesn't work...... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yveslagace
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing special characters in file

I have file special.txt with the following data. <header info> 123$ty5%98&0asd 1@356fgbv78 09*&^5jkns43( ...........some more rows. In my output file, I want to eliminate all the special characters in my file and I want all other data. need some help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

Eliminating characters between two expressions

Hi I have to eliminate all characters between ^ and a space in a file. Following lines - Test ^ H^@^@^@^@^@^@^B^VDM-BM-$|M-^_M-F^AM- File1 Test^H^@^@^@^@^@^F^A^X^@^SM-s^TM-3M-G^A File2 Should be printed as below Test File1 Test File2 I used sed '/^/,/ /d' command, but it is not working.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell : eliminating zero values and printing

I have a log file containing the below data and should have the output file as below. and the output file should not contain any 0 values. Eg. It should not contain 0000000:0000000 in it. input.txt Media200.5.5.1 00010003:065D1202 Media100.5.5.2 7,588,666,067,931,543... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eliminating entries based on relative values

I have posted this before but did not get much feedback. So I will try again. I need to remove sequences from a file based on values listed on a second file. The sequences file looks like this: Sequences.txt >Sample1 Freq 59 ggatatgatgatgaactggt >Sample1 Freq 54 ggatatgatgttgaactggt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File containing special characters

Hello All, I am facing challenges in order to transfer a file from windows to unix box,the file contains a special character '×' ,now when I am transferring the file from windows to unix that special character converted to something else like 'Ã' ,another thing I have noticed that the hardware is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prarat
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute special Characters into a file

Hi experts :) I need to replace special characters into a file , in the followiing way : " --> "" ' --> '' _--> \_ I tried with the sed command but I'm getting and error ksh: $: not found. ksh: $: not found. sed: Function s/\/\/ cannot be parsed. Any idea ? Thanks , KOLAS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kolas79
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a particular string from column eliminating characters at the end.

Hi, So basically I have this file containing query output in seperated columns. In particular column I have the below strings: news news-prio I am trying to grep the string news without listing news-prio aswell. I tried grep "$MSG_TYPE" , grep -w "$MSG_TYPE" , grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
4 Replies
Net::Google::Code::Issue(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Net::Google::Code::Issue(3pm)

NAME
Net::Google::Code::Issue - Google Code Issue SYNOPSIS
use Net::Google::Code::Issue; my $issue = Net::Google::Code::Issue->new( project => 'net-google-code' ); $issue->load(42); DESCRIPTION
ATTRIBUTES
project project name email, password user's email and password id status owner reporter reported merged stars closed cc summary description labels comments attachments INTERFACE
load parse updated the last comment's date. create comment, summary, status, owner, cc, labels, files. update comment, summary, status, owner, merge_into, cc, labels, blocked_on, files. list( q => '', can => '', author => '', id => '', label => '', max_results => '', owner => '', published_min => '', published_max => '', updated_min => '', updated_max => '', start_index => '' ) google's api way to get/search issues return a list of loaded issues in list context, a ref to the list otherwise. load_comments google's api way to get and load comments( no scraping is done here ) parse_hybrid when $USE_HYBRID is true, we will try to load issue with the google's official api, but as the api is not complete, we still need to do scraping to load something( e.g. attachments ), this method is used to do this. AUTHOR
sunnavy "<sunnavy@bestpractical.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008-2010 Best Practical Solutions. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-04-28 Net::Google::Code::Issue(3pm)