Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find String in Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find String in Perl Post 302189100 by era on Friday 25th of April 2008 03:57:42 AM
Old 04-25-2008
The other mistake is that the table name should be replaced elsewhere on that line, too (and maybe elsewhere, too; mahalakshmi was not very clear on the broader context of this).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read a string with leading spaces and find the length of the string

HI In my script, i am reading the input from the user and want to find the length of the string. The input may contain leading spaces. Right now, when leading spaces are there, they are not counted. Kindly help me My script is like below. I am using the ksh. #!/usr/bin/ksh echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dayamatrix
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Find one string, change another string.

Hi, In principle I am searching for a Perl equivalent for this sed command: sed "/TIM_AM_ARGS=/ s/60/1440/" $EDIT_FILE > $TEMP_FILE cp $TEMP_FILE $EDIT_FILE I was wondering if it needs to be like this, or that there other, shorter, alternatives: open (TIMENVFILE, "<$timenvfile") or die... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Find a string and Print full line

Hi Need a perl script to read lines in a file, scan for a string named "APPLE" and write to different file the only lines containing the matched string. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the count and replace the particular part of string in perl?

Hi, I am taking the current time using localtime function in perl. For example if the time is: #Using localtime $time = "12:3:10"; I have to replace the value 3 (03) i.e second position to be 03. The output should be: 12:03:10 But if the other string for example: $str:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

6. Linux

Find String in FileName and move the String to new File if not found

Hi all, I have a question.. Here is my requirement..I have 500 files in a path say /a/b/c I have some numbers in a file which are comma seperated...and I wanted to check if the numbers are present in the FileName in the path /a/b/c..if the number is there in the file that is fine..but if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: us_pokiri
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Need help] perl script to find the occurance of string from a text file

I have two files 1. input.txt 2. keyword.txt input.txt has contents like .src_ref 0 "call.s" 24 first 0x000000 0x5a80 0x0060 BRA.l 0x60 .src_ref 0 "call.s" 30 first 0x000002 0x1bc5 RETI .src_ref 0 "call.s" 31 first 0x000003 0x6840 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acdc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find string in file and find the all records by string

Hello I would like to get know how to do this: I got a big file (about 1GB) and I need to find a string (for instance by grep ) and then find all records in this file based on a string. Thanks for advice. Martin (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mape
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to read string from file#1 and find/replace in file#2

Hello Forum. I have a file called abc.sed with the following commands; s/1/one/g s/2/two/g ... I also have a second file called abc.dat and would like to substitute all occurrences of "1 with one", "2 with two", etc and create a new file called abc_new.dat sed -f abc.sed abc.dat >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and Replace String in Perl - Regexp

Trying to find and replace one string with another string in a file #!/usr/bin/perl $csd_table_path = "/file.ntab"; $find_str = '--bundle_type=021'; $repl_str = '--bundle_type=021 --target=/dev/disk1s2'; if( system("/usr/bin/perl -p -i -e 's/$find_str/$repl_str/' $csd_table_path")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
2 Replies
GPT-INSTALL(8)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    GPT-INSTALL(8)

NAME
gpt-install - Installs GPT packages. SYNOPSIS
gpt-install [options] [packages or bundles] Options: -verbose Print copious output -help Print usage -man Print man page. -version Print GPT version. -force Replace package no matter what. -loose Replace a broader range of packages. -installdir=PATH Override $GLOBUS_LOCATION. -tmpdir=PATH Path to tmp disk space [packages or bundles] List of binary packages and bundles to install. DESCRIPTION
gpt-install takes a GPT described package or bundle and installs it. The program can install either RPM's or GPT packages. OPTIONS
-force forces all action to be taken, regardless of state. -tmpdir Place to unpack bundles. -installdir Directory to which files shall be written. Default is $GLOBUS_LOCATION -loose pgm packages can replace a pgm_static package (and vice versa) or a pgm package with a different flavor. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -man Prints the manual page and exits. -version Prints the version of GPT and exits. EXAMPLES
For the command: gpt-install foo-2.1-gcc32-pgm.tar.gz foo-1.1-gcc32-pgm will be replaced. foo-2.2-gcc32-pgm will B<not> be replaced. It is newer. foo-1.1-vendorcc32-pgm will B<not> be replaced. Wrong flavor. foo-1.1-gcc32-pgm_static will B<not> be replaced. Wrong package type foo-2.2-gcc32-pgm_static will B<not> be replaced. Wrong package type For the command: gpt-install -force foo-2.1-gcc32-pgm.tar.gz foo-1.1-gcc32-pgm will be replaced. foo-2.2-gcc32-pgm will be replaced. foo-1.1-vendorcc32-pgm will B<not> be replaced. Wrong flavor foo-1.1-gcc32-pgm_static will B<not> be replaced. Wrong package type foo-2.2-gcc32-pgm_static will B<not> be replaced. Wrong package type For the command: gpt-install -loose foo-2.1-gcc32-pgm.tar.gz foo-1.1-gcc32-pgm will be replaced. foo-2.2-gcc32-pgm will B<not> be replaced. It is newer. foo-1.1-vendorcc32-pgm will be replaced. foo-1.1-gcc32-pgm_static will be replaced. foo-2.2-gcc32-pgm_static will B<not> be replaced. It is newer. For the command: gpt-install -force -loose foo-2.1-gcc32-pgm.tar.gz foo-1.1-gcc32-pgm will be replaced. foo-2.2-gcc32-pgm will be replaced. foo-1.1-vendorcc32-pgm will be replaced. foo-1.1-gcc32-pgm_static will be replaced. foo-2.2-gcc32-pgm_static will be replaced. BUGS
gpt-install currently does not honor static build numbers. Instead it will replace any pgm_static package that is the same version or older. For example: gpt-install -force foo-2.1-2-gcc32-pgm_static.tar.gz foo-1.1-5-gcc32-pgm_static will be replaced. foo-2.1-1-gcc32-pgm_static will be replaced. foo-2.1-5-gcc32-pgm_static will be replaced. foo-2.2-1-gcc32-pgm_static will not be replaced. foo-2.1-gcc32-pgm will not be replaced. SEE ALSO
gpt-uninstall(1) gpt-query(1) gpt-verify(1) AUTHOR
Michael Bletzinger <mbletzin.ncsa.uiuc.edu> and Eric Blau <eblau.ncsa.uiuc.edu> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-30 GPT-INSTALL(8)