Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pattern Replacement
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pattern Replacement Post 302189053 by era on Friday 25th of April 2008 12:15:10 AM
Old 04-25-2008
What's the echo for? Why not just

Code:
awk '{ gsub(/calculta/, "kolkata) }1' "$files" >"$files"

... within the same while loop?

In particular, echo on some systems does a fair amount of backslash parsing etc, which will cause undesired changes in the output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

matching pattern and replacement

Hi I am trying to look for a view name in create view statement and then replace this view name with VW_ in grants line in my ddl file . cat dim_provider.sql | grep -i "create view" | while read f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 do new_vw=` echo "$f3" | cut -d "." -f2... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
32 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk pattern replacement

Hi I'm a newbie in unix and I'm having trouble in creating a script. I want to search for a pattern '_good' and insert new lines that contains '_bad', '_med', '_fail' while also ensure that the line contains _good is removed here some of the data UPDATE SCHOOL SET GRADE =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Pattern Match (replacement string)

Hello, i am splitting files and sometimes the string of the pattern doesnt exist in the input file it starts for example with 00:00:01. So the output is completely desorganized, is there any way of putting a replacement string in the pattern so it will grab all the times from 00:**:** to first... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-plicit78
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replacement when particular pattern matches in a file

I have a file file123.xml which looks like this xmlEntry="username"="josh" <property="never_back_down"> phone="<178652>" apn=property:address="wonderland" xmlEntry="username"="jessica" <property="never_back_down"> phone="<178653>" apn=property:address="wonderland"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed for selective pattern replacement

Hi I am having a code snippet grant permission to all user sts|ln|uSe|PSG sajncht|se|Use|PPSPSG psg|ln|use|TSPSG sts_user.Me revoke I need to change all occurance of use (uSe,Use,use) with USE. I am using the following sed command for this sed 's//USE/g' s_sample.txt Output: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed noob needs help with replacement pattern.

Hi there, i am absolutely new in shell programming and especially using sed. What i want to do is to replace every emailaddress suffix with another. In my Testfile there is: foo@bar.comMy attempt to replace every @<something>.<someotherthing> is: sed 's/@+\.+/REPLACE/g' test.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donngal
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix file pattern check and replacement

HI Guys , Using UNIX ,I intend to check with correct file pattern Access_file_Record.YYYYMM in path /tmp If the file exist in correct format come out from code . If not found check with different file patterns for same month period YYYYMM ( Like Access_file_Record_YYYYMM.txt or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching and replacement

Hello Everybody, I need a help in the below pattern matching and replacement issue I have a file : emp.txt 21356 suresh 12/12/2012 23511 ramesh 11/06/2011 31456 biswajit 09/08/2013 53134 archan 06/02/2009 first field:- employee id, 2nd field is name and third field is date of joining ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripting
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Pattern Matching and replacement in Gz files

Hi Techies, I need a help in finding junk characters and remove them from a Datafile. we have a file and it had crores of records like below SGSN_MCC_MNC=01150 but sometime due to the issue with sending server we are getting some junk characters in the middle of data like below ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

GUI for multiple pattern replacement

I'm trying to change a few programs in our environment. Basically We have hardcoded some server names and stuff, So I want some one to suggest me some UNIX gui tools that can be used to replace these.. I really don't want to deal doing this through the command line. I want to transfer the files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudden
3 Replies
ROUND(3)								 1								  ROUND(3)

round - Rounds a float

SYNOPSIS
float round (float $val, [int $precision], [int $mode = PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the rounded value of $val to specified $precision (number of digits after the decimal point). $precision can also be negative or zero (default). Note PHP doesn't handle strings like "12,300.2" correctly by default. See converting from strings. PARAMETERS
o $val - The value to round o $precision - The optional number of decimal digits to round to. o $mode - Use one of the following constants to specify the mode in which rounding occurs. +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Constant | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP | | | | | | | Round $val up to $precision decimal places away | | | from zero, when it is half way there. Making 1.5 | | | into 2 and -1.5 into -2. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN | | | | | | | Round $val down to $precision decimal places | | | towards zero, when it is half way there. Making | | | 1.5 into 1 and -1.5 into -1. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next even value. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next odd value. | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
The rounded value EXAMPLES
Example #1 round(3) examples <?php echo round(3.4); // 3 echo round(3.5); // 4 echo round(3.6); // 4 echo round(3.6, 0); // 4 echo round(1.95583, 2); // 1.96 echo round(1241757, -3); // 1242000 echo round(5.045, 2); // 5.05 echo round(5.055, 2); // 5.06 ?> Example #2 $mode examples <?php echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 9 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 ?> Example #3 $mode with precision examples <?php /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $mode parameter was introduced. | | | | | 5.2.7 | | | | | | | The inner workings of round(3) was changed to | | | conform to the C99 standard. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group ROUND(3)