Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Knowing the half will get you into trouble - describe your disasters Post 302188775 by Dave Miller on Thursday 24th of April 2008 08:23:37 AM
Old 04-24-2008
P.S. Now I create a mksysb backup tape just about every month.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

describe unix commands in english

the following unix command ls | grep'?cw1' | wc -l converting it to english is it going to be like list the result of the search '?cw1' in number of lines is that correct ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: props
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Describe what this line of code would do

I am confused about what this line of code would do. I understand all the pieces but not the final outcome. Anyone that could help? find / -type f -xdev -mtime 0 -size 100000 -exec ls -lht {} /; 2>/dev/null (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NickNine
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I'm not sure how I would describe this

Some software, when you install it, prompts you for variables, such as the username for the software, or the password you are setting for the software's root account. I would like to know if it is possible to do such a thing, and if yes, how? basically, I would like my installer script to prompt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bakes
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DEscribe this command

Hi all. can you please tell me (root) NOPASSWD: ALL what this command means (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
1 Replies

5. Solaris

can someone describe

What is openboot prompt is this some kind of shell , and where is located :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to manage solaris zone from disasters ???

Hi I have a requirement like we are creating a zone in which we are installing oracle and in the global zone we are installing our project related software.. Now my question is how to manage the solaris zone from any faults happen?? like it may be Memory,Network etc............ I want to know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

please describe me some simple command

Hi everyone I'm new here and I don't know some command of unix, please help by describe me how it work, I study unix command by myself and can't search exactly means so...Thanks :D sqlplus -s /nolog @${SQLFILE} ${file_type} >> ${OUTPUT_FILE} date "+%Y%m%d%H%M%S" $/usr/bin/echo "INFO : $1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zound617
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can someone describe the process of pre-emption in UNIX?

I never understood what exactly it is that preempts a process in a preemptive multitasking system. For example, round-robin, SRTF, or preemptive priority-based algorithms. I understand how the algorithm works, but what exactly triggers the preemption? I know in the case of round-robin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
4 Replies
tcopy(1)							   User Commands							  tcopy(1)

NAME
tcopy - copy a magnetic tape SYNOPSIS
tcopy source [destination] DESCRIPTION
The tcopy utility copies the magnetic tape mounted on the tape drive specified by the source argument. The only assumption made about the contents of a tape is that there are two tape marks at the end. When only a source drive is specified, tcopy scans the tape, and displays information about the sizes of records and tape files. If a des- tination is specified, tcopy makes a copies the source tape onto the destination tape, with blocking preserved. As it copies, tcopy pro- duces the same output as it does when only scanning a tape. The tcopy utility requires the use of Berkeley-compatible device names. For example, example% tcopy /dev/rmt/1b /dev/rmt/2b ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mt(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5) NOTES
tcopy will only run on systems supporting an associated set of ioctl(2) requests. SunOS 5.10 10 Mar 2000 tcopy(1)