Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: auto start interfaces
Operating Systems Solaris auto start interfaces Post 302188762 by jlliagre on Thursday 24th of April 2008 07:41:29 AM
Old 04-24-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by p33w5t3r
The files already exists
Which files exists ?
Have you created the /etc/hostname.<interface> files as suggested ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i auto start application upon startup?

sorry, i'm a newbie to unix... but how do i or rather where do i write scripts that auto start my application e.g. Informix? in Windows it would be services but in UNIX where can i auto start my informix program? To run informix i just type "oninit". And do i have to login to any user before... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doofie
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Auto Start/Stop Didnt Work in Solaris 10

Hi...all database - 10g Rs 2 with ASM platform - Sun Solaris V890 64bit This is the step i use to auto start the database n ASM: (auto start can start but need to kill lsvcrun first) 1 dbora---script 2 start_shutdown_asm.ksh---script 3. Dbora file must be put under /etc/init.d directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Cron Job -- auto start process when it dies

I would like to setup a Cron job to check weather X process is running or not. if it is not running then start that X process with a log message.... can any one help writing a script? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandravadrevu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How to auto start MySQL server on Opensolaris after rebooting the machine?

Hi, In Linux, I will do it by editing the /etc/rc.d/rc.local . However, I can't find a rc.local file in Opensolaris. So, how can I do it in Opensolaris? I am new to opensolaris, so please teach me step by step. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexCheung
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Interfaces and Virtual-interfaces queries

Hi Al, In course of understanding networking in Solaris, I have these doubts on Interfaces. Please clarify me. I have done fair research in this site and others but could not be clarified. 1. In the "ifconfig -a" command, I see many interfaces and their configurations. But I see many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to auto start a service on rebooting a Solaris 5.10 x86 machine?

Hi all, How to auto start a snmpd deamon on rebooting a Solaris 5.10 x86 machine. snmpd's path: /opt/download/net-snmp/sbin Thank you in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Disable xen machine to auto start on reboot

Hello Guys - I need to disable xen server not to start when the server is rebooted. 1) What is the parameter to be used to do this..below is the entry in my config file... on_reboot = "restart" 2) What is the default behaviors of the xen on reboot ? in case we comment this line from config... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
reboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 reboot(8)

Name
       reboot - automatic reboot procedures

Syntax
       /etc/reboot [ -n ] [ -q ]

Description
       The  ULTRIX  system is booted by loading a kernel image, usually into memory at location zero and transferring to zero.	Because the system
       is not reenterable, the kernel image must be read in from disk each time the system is bootstrapped.

When the reboot of a running system is desired, is normally used.  If there are no users, can be used.  The command causes the disks to	be
       synced,	and  then  a multiuser reboot is initiated.  The system is booted and an automatic disk check is performed.  If the procedure suc-
       ceeds, the system is then brought up for the users.

The system will reboot itself after a power failure or after a crash, provided auto-restart is enabled on your system.  A consistency check
       of the file systems will be performed and, unless the check fails, the system will resume multiuser operations.

Options
       -n   Prevents the disks from being synced.

-q   Reboots quickly and ungracefully, without shutting down running processes first.

Files
       System code

See Also
       crash(8v), fsck(8), halt(8), init(8), newfs(8), rc(8), shutdown(8)

reboot(8)