Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CVS on redhat
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat CVS on redhat Post 302188741 by era on Thursday 24th of April 2008 06:34:32 AM
Old 04-24-2008
Do you really need to use pserver, or could you run with :ext: over ssh instead? It's probably better in a number of ways.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CVS, Perl and VI

I am trying to write a Perl script to cover a few CVS commands (setup specifically), however the VI screen that pops up and requests a comment, what is the best way of entering the text automatically (will be a variable name) and then saving that cvs notification from my Perl program? Help is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding Synchronizing 2 CVS.

Hi As a System Admin, I have to handle synchronzing 2 CVS. But I'm new to CVS & hardly have any knowledge of such tools. Please help me, is there any way, that can automatize the process for synchronizing the 2 remotely residing CVS database with out manual intervension. Ex:- CVA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CVS on UNIX

Hey guys, I am trying to setup CVS to run with an SSH connection, but am hitting a brick wall. I seem to be getting CVS to login correctly, but when I attempt to check out a module I am getting the following error: ksh: cvs: not found This is kinda implying to me that its not loading... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiquidChild
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cvs Cr-lf

I've experienced a problem with CVS when I've checked out sh script. When new build was created sources were checked out from CVS under Windows. Later this build was deployed under Linux und I recieved error from shell becouse of CR-LF EOL in file. I've tryed command dos2unix and become script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
7 Replies

5. Solaris

cvs error

dear all I'm one of the CVS administrators here at my company and i have this cvs error in the messages Sep 18 07:20:37 dev cvs: Dying gasps received from client. can any one help me about this error ............. thanks murad jaber (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
1 Replies

6. Debian

What is CVS...?

Hi everyone... Could one of you kind Linux experts please let me know what CVS is In return I will kindly give you a thumbs up :b: a good trade I feel!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TonyChapman
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

CVS Configuration Help

Hello, I have read a great deal of documentation on CVS and I hope I have not overlooked what I need but I have certain issues with CVS that I cannnot resolve. The setup for the /etx/xinetd.d file I have is as follows: # default: off # description: The CVS service can record the history... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

8. AIX

Using cvs on AIX

Hello. I am using CVS on my AIX 6.1 box. I have gotten the repository setup and everything is working from command line. Now I want to use CVS on my Windows 7 machine using the remote repository on my AIX box. Has anyone else tried this? Why can't I get this to work? I have tried using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpodhrad
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help With CVS - Not enough space

Hi, I am having a strange issue with CVS. The output shows that there is not enough space for the .cvspass. the .cvspass is in the users home dir, which has 4GB available. Error Message: cvs status: cannot read /home/<user>/.cvspass: Not enough space cvs status: authorization... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
6 Replies
CVS-DEBC(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CVS-DEBC(1)

NAME
cvs-debc - view contents of a cvs-buildpackage/cvs-debuild generated package SYNOPSIS
cvs-debc [options] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
cvs-debc is run from the CVS working directory after cvs-buildpackage or cvs-debuild. It uses the cvs-buildpackage system to locate the .changes file generated in that run. It then displays information about the .deb files which were generated in that run, by running dpkg- deb -I and dpkg-deb -c on every .deb archive listed in the .changes file, assuming that all of the .deb archives live in the same directory as the .changes file. It is useful for ensuring that the expected files have ended up in the Debian package. If a list of packages is given on the command line, then only those debs with names in this list of packages will be processed. Note that unlike cvs-buildpackage, the only way to specify the source package name is with the -P option; you cannot simply have it as the last command-line parameter. OPTIONS
All current cvs-buildpackage options are silently accepted; however, only the ones listed below have any effect. For more details on all of them, see the cvs-buildpackage(1) manpage. -adebian-architecture, -tGNU-system-type See dpkg-architecture(1) for a description of these options. They affect the search for the .changes file. They are provided to mimic the behaviour of dpkg-buildpackage when determining the name of the .changes file. -Mmodule The name of the CVS module. -Ppackage The name of the package. -Vversion The version number of the package. -Ttag The CVS tag to use for exporting sources. -Rroot directory Root of the original sources archive. -Wwork directory The full path name for the cvs-buildpackage working directory. -xprefix This option provides the CVS default module prefix. --help, --version Show help message and version information respectively. SEE ALSO
cvs-buildpackage(1), cvs-debi(1), cvs-debuild(1) and debc(1). AUTHOR
cvs-buildpackage was written by Manoj Srivastava, and the current version of debi was written by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. They have been combined into this program by Julian Gilbey. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CVS-DEBC(1)