Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Binary txt file received when i use uuencode to send txt file as attachment Post 302188623 by ash22 on Thursday 24th of April 2008 03:46:15 AM
Old 04-24-2008
Binary txt file received when i use uuencode to send txt file as attachment

Hi,

I have already read a lot of posts on sending attachments in unix...but none of them were of help for my problem...so here goes..

i wanna attach a text file and send to a mail id..used the following code :

uuencode "$File1" "$File1" ;|mail -s "$Mail_sub" abc@abc.com

it works fine...but the attachments are in binary format i have a wierd looking character at the end of every .txt file.... i want the contents of attachmnets to be in ASCII format...any ideas??? thanks in advance SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP - need to send error to txt file

I've written a script to FTP files into a directory, perform a diff between the current and the previous and email out the results. Sometimes a machine falls off the network and needs to be rebooted to reconnect. Obviously I don't get the file I want at that time. How do I get the FTP error to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scanner248
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP - need to send error to txt file

I've written a script to FTP files into a directory, perform a diff between the current and the previous and email out the results. Sometimes a machine falls off the network and needs to be rebooted to reconnect. Obviously I don't get the file I want at that time. How do I get the FTP error to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scanner248
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to list .txt and .TXT file

Hi expersts, in my directory i have *.txt and *.TXT and *.TXT.log, *.txt.log I want list only .txt and .TXT files in one command... how to ?? //purple (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To log binary file output to a txt file

Hi, I wrote a small script whose function is to execute the postemsg provided if the threshold breaches. I want to log this postemsg messages to a log file. But I am not able to do. Can someone throw some light on how to log the output of this. I am pasting a snippet of that code. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send an email from the txt file

Hi Friends, Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file. text file contains the no. of records like: giridhar 224285 847333 giridhar276@gmail.com ramana 84849 33884 venkata.ramana@gmail.com... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk append fileA.txt to growing file B.txt

This is appending a column. My question is fairly simple. I have a program generating data in a form like so: 1 20 2 22 3 23 4 12 5 43 For ever iteration I'm generating this data. I have the basic idea with cut -f 2 fileA.txt | paste -d >> FileB.txt ???? I want FileB.txt to grow, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing inline binary data from txt file

I am trying to parse a file but the filehas binary data inline mixed with text fields. I tried the binutils strings function , it get the binary data out but put the char following the binary data in a new line . input file app_id:1936 pgm_num:0 branch:TBNY ord_num:0500012(–QMK) deal_num:0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tasmac
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

2 Questions: replace text in txt file, add text to end of txt file

so... Lets assume I have a text file. The text file contains multiple "#" symbols. I want to replace all thos "#"s with a STRING using DOS/Batch I want to add a certain TEXT to the end of each line. How can I do this WITHOUT aid of sed, grep or anything linux related ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasc
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies
CLAWS-MAIL-ATTACH-REMOVER(1)				      General Commands Manual				      CLAWS-MAIL-ATTACH-REMOVER(1)

NAME
claws-mail-attach-remover -- Attachments remover from mails DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the claws-mail-attach-remover This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. claws-mail-attach-remover is a plugin (loadable module) for the Claws Mail mailer. Enables the removal all of attachments from emails. When right-clicking a message on summary view, choose ``Remove attachments'' from the displayed submenu. USAGE
Before using a plugin you must instruct Claws Mail to load it on startup. For this you must go ``Configuration'' menu on main window toolbar, open ``Plugins...'' dialog, click on the ``Load plugin...'' button and select the plugin file, named att_remover.so, and press the ``Open'' button. BUGS
There is no way you can select individual attachments for removal. It's all or nothing. SEE ALSO
claws-mail (1), claws-mail-extra-plugins (1). AUTHOR
claws-mail-attach-remover was written by Colin Leroy colin@colino.net This manual page was written by Ricardo Mones mones@debian.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CLAWS-MAIL-ATTACH-REMOVER(1)