Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming socket problems with cc compile options??? Post 302188598 by gautamdheeraj on Thursday 24th of April 2008 02:32:04 AM
Old 04-24-2008
how you are doing exec(). Could post the exec code.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

socket options

Hello there The socket option IP_OPTIONS returns an integer value, supposed to be the contents of the IP header. Could you please help me out to interpret those values. ThankYou. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hufs375
1 Replies

2. Programming

Please help! accept function problems in Socket programming

Hi, I have a client-server socket program. It has been working fine for over a year, but recently it started to show strange behavior.:confused: After the server program runs for a while, it will show in the top command saying it is using lots of CPU, MEM. I assume it means the server code is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: natxie
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

4. Programming

socket function to read a webpage (socket.h)

Why does this socket function only read the first 1440 chars of the stream. Why not the whole stream ? I checked it with gdm and valgrind and everything seems correct... #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Socket options

Hi everyone, Question for gurus: Is there a way for us to determine the options used by a socket? I basically want to know if SO_KEEPALIVE is enabled on a socket to know if the tcp_keepalive_abort_interval parameter will be used by that connection. Was I clear enough? :confused: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: plmachiavel
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to compile multiple .c files with some options

I'm trying to write a bash script and call it "compile" such that running it allows me to compile multiple files with the options "-help," "-backup," and "-clean". I've got the code for the options written, i just can't figure out how to read the input string and then translate that into option... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: travis.batzer
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

9. Programming

Looping problems socket programming in C

Sorry if I posted 2 separate questions. I'm currently doing socket programming on my current task. As you can see below in the client side. I've tried to do a loop so I will be able to get prompt for input over and over again. This is the code. do{ printf("Please your name > ");... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aLHaNz
10 Replies
DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)						      dh-exec							DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh-exec-install - Install (and possibly rename) files. SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec debian/default.conf => /etc/my-package/start.conf usr/bin/* DESCRIPTION
Being a sub-command of dh-exec(1), this program must not be ran directly, but through dh-exec, which automatically runs all available sub-commands if run bare; or explicitly with dh-exec --with=install. It is meant to be used for dh_install(1) files, and those alone. If it finds that its input is not such a file, it will do nothing, but echo back the contents. The purpose of the program is to extend dh_install(1)'s functionality, by allowing to specify a destination filename. This can be accomplished by a special syntax: the " => " mark between a source and a destination means that the source file should be installed with the specified destination name. For obvious reasons, the source must not be a wildcard, and the destination in this case must be a file, and not a directory. All other non-comment lines are left alone. RESTRICTIONS
Due to the way executable scripts are called from debhelper(1), there is no way to know what options were used for the original dh_install(1). This means, that the --sourcedir option of dh_install(1) will not work correctly when dh-exec-install is in use. IMPLEMENTATION
Internally, the renaming happens by creating a temporary directory under debian/tmp/, and copying (or moving, if the source was under debian/tmp/ to begin with) the file there, with the new name. This is done this way to allow dh_install(1) to do the real copying, and allow its options to continue working, even when renaming is involved. The temporary directory is put under debian/tmp so that it will be cleaned by dh_prep(1) when the clean target gets to run. Thus, no extra code is needed anywhere to clean up the renamed files. ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR Indicates which directory the command-specific scripts should be sought for. If not specified, scripts will be searched for in /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-install-* The various scripts for the higher-level program. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec(1), dh_install(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec-install is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)