Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Almost impossible question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Almost impossible question Post 302188466 by era on Wednesday 23rd of April 2008 02:54:37 PM
Old 04-23-2008
The forums are shock full of examples. I would estimate that there would be a dozen good hints if you were to take the time search just the last few days' worth of postings.

Code:
find . -ls > outputfile

... provided your find understands -ls

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Question?

what is WDFP and WE STATION? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billybayou
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question?

Is there any way to use sed and count the number of alphabetic characters in a sentence? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brentdeback
4 Replies

3. AIX

OS Question

What AIX version I need to run a software in a R6000 model 6015/6020 in a IBM P5??? Im implementing a Hot SIte. Is this possible or I need identical systems hardware and software? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IBravo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Next to impossible question

I noticed that I have a print job that is hung up (lpstat -o) due to a broken printer. Is there a way to re-route the printed information into a text file? Or does it exist somewhere in UNIX as a text file? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Is it really impossible to force umount on HP-UX

Hello, yeah... here my question : Exist some way to force umount on HP other than reboot? Thanks gb (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck.gfs2 outputs "RG recovery impossible; I can't fix this file system"

I have a CentOS release 5.2 (Final)host running kernel 2.6.18-92.el5 with at raid 10 that had two mirrored drives fail. The drives were re-inserted and now the raid shows healthy (for now). I tried to mount but got an Input/output error. I then attempted a fsck: fsck.gfs2 -y /dev/vg_01/uss_vol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_hippo
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wc question

I am new to unix. how to get only the no. of lines output from the wc -l command. Input: wc -l filename it gives <no.of lines> filename i need only the interger value. as <no.of lines> Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Impossible to access on /vol1

hi team, I'm a new with Solaris system and i'm a french, so my english will not be very good but I'll try to explain my problem. I have a Sun server SunFire X4170 with Solaris 10 as OS. since last week I am not able to access on /vol1 anymore. And bellow are the warning messages which are... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerco
20 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)