Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace words in file based on another file Post 302188458 by aigles on Wednesday 23rd of April 2008 02:38:38 PM
Old 04-23-2008
Code:
awk '

NR==FNR {                           # Select records from first file
   split($0, cfg, /,/);             #    Split record with "," into record cfg
   config[cfg[1]] = cfg[2];         #    Memorize config value
   next;                            #    Proceed next record
}                                   #

# The following code is for second file

$5~/^document/ && ($NF in config) { # Select records starting with "document" and
                                    #  last fields memorized in config record (build
									#  from first file)
  $NF = config[$NF];                #    Set last field with corresponding value from config array
}                                   #

1                                   # Print record (maybe modified above)

' B A

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a word with a series of words in a file

Hi, I have a Template file 'TL.body' which says as follows: "There are no <FILENAME> files on the server. " The missing file names are identified and stored in a variable. For Eg: MISSFILE="abc.txt def.txt xyz.txt" I want the values of MISSFILE variable to be replaced against... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brap45
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed replace words in file and keep some

lets see if i can explain this in a good way. im trying to replace some words in a file but i need to know what the words are that is beeing replaced. not sure if sed can do this. file.name.something.1DATA01.something.whatever sed "s/./.DATA?????/g" need to know what the first . is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To Extract words from File based on Position

Hi Guys, While I was writing one shell script , I just got struck at this point. I need to extract words from a file at some specified position and do some comparison operation and need to replace the extracted word with another word. Eg : I like Orange very much. I need to replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuttu123
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Concatenated Words in Input File with Words from a Master File

Hello, I have a complex problem. I have a file in which words have been joined together: Theboy ranslowly I want to be able to correctly split the words using a lookup file in which all the words occur: the boy ran slowly slow put child ly The lookup file which is meant for look up... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace character in a file based on another file.?

Hi Gurus, I have really hard job need you guys to help. i have two files one is data file, one is instruction file like below 0000000010000233154825032720204abc BC15 0000000010000233154825032720204defg DB15 1 9 o 10 6 r 16 5 o 21 10 r 31 the requirement is based... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace the words in the file to the words that user type?

Hello, I would like to change my setting in a file to the setting that user input. For example, by default it is ONBOOT=ON When user key in "YES", it would be ONBOOT=YES -------------- This code only adds in the entire user input, but didn't replace it. How do i go about... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfolozy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace words in file?

Hi Guys, I have a text where we used Ram in 10 times now I want replace all Ram words by Shyam word then how to do it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace some specific words from file?

I have the file like this. cat 123.txt <p> <table border='1' width='90%' align='center' summary='Script output'> <tr><td>text </td> </tr> </table> </p> I want to replace some tags and want the output like below. I tried with awk & sed commands. But no luck. Could someone help me on this? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that line

Hi All, I need one help to replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that file . i.e. my self is peter@king. i am staying at north sydney. we all are peter@king. How to replace peter to sham if it finds @king in any line of that file. Please help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajib Podder
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to replace matching words defined in one file on another file?

I have file1 and file2 as shown below, file1: ((org14/1-131541:0.11535,((org29/1-131541:0.00055,org7/1-131541:0.00055)1.000:0.10112,((org17/1-131541:0.07344,(org23/1-131541:0.07426,((org10/1-131541:0.00201,org22/1-131541:0.00243)1.000:0.02451, file2: org14=india org29=america... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
5 Replies
kerberosautoconfig(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 				     kerberosautoconfig(8)

NAME
kerberosautoconfig -- Kerberos -- Open Directory Single Sign On SYNOPSIS
kerberosautoconfig [-f directory_node] [-o output_dir] [-r realm_name -m master_kdc] [-u] [-k] [-v debug_level] DESCRIPTION
The kerberosautoconfig command creates / updates & removes the edu.mit.Kerberos file and the Kerberos:<REALM_NAME> config record in dslocal db from information stored in the Open Directory config record named KerberosClient. The existing edu.mit.Kerberos file is only replaced if the autogenerated header is present and the generation_id in the KerberosClient config record is greater than that within the file. The default location of the output file is /Library/Preferences/edu.mit.Kerberos. If the machine is standalone, this command will do nothing (unless the -u option is used). Definitions: directory_node An open directory node path specifier. Such as /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1 output_dir The directory in which kerberosautoconfig deposits the edu.mit.Kerberos file realm_name Name of the Kerberos realm that will be the default when creating a file from scratch master_kdc Host name of the master KDC for the default realm when creating a file from scratch debug_level Specifies the amount of debugging information printed to stdout, default is 1 Flags: -f Tells kerberosautoconfig to look in the specified open directory node for the KerberosClient config record. -o Specifies the directory in which kerberosautoconfig will write the new edu.mit.Kerberos file into -r kerberosautoconfig can create an edu.mit.Kerberos file from information passed on the command line. Use the -r and -m flags to spec- ify the default realm and master KDC for that realm. -m See above -k Adds the default Kerberos logging directives to the config file (useful when setting up a kdc) -u Forces an update of the file. Will overwrite an existing non-autogenerated edu.mit.Kerberos file. Use with caution. -v Specifies the amount of debugging information printed to stdout, default is 1 FILES
/Library/Preferences/edu.mit.Kerberos The main Kerberos config file (also known as krb5.conf on other systems) SEE ALSO
DirectoryService(1), Kerberos(1), kdcsetup(8), krb5.conf(5) BUGS
kerberosautoconfig looks for the KerberosClient config record in each of the open directory nodes on the search path. It merges the realm information from any KerberosClient config records it finds, but it only checks the generation_id from the first config record found. This means that the file does not get updated if the second KerberosClient record found changes. HISTORY
kerberosautoconfig first appeared in Mac OS X 10.3 Darwin June 2, 2019 Darwin