Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO 5.0.6 application compatibility w/ Linux? Post 302188456 by stay0ut on Wednesday 23rd of April 2008 02:24:13 PM
Old 04-23-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by uxlunatick
I would stay away from Caldera. They were the ones who purchased SCO and then went after the Linux users for copyright infringement.

Caldera's only an option due to it's supposed interoperability with SCO. UnitedLinux would be preferable, but still, there has to be other *nix flavors that support SCO's older applications.

The app's I have to run are no longer supported by their vendors. Their Windows versions costs more than the raises for all of our 150+ employees for the next year. . . Hence the reason I want to keep these apps alive.

I do have SCO 5.0.6, the apps, and XP running on the same machine in a dual-boot configuration. The apps, from 1992 and SCO from 94-96, are running on a HP DC5100 with 1gig ram and SATA drives.

I just want to be able to use a more modern version of *nix so the stability and ease of use would be there.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux & Unix Compatibility

I am looking for a dual XEON or any dual CPU motherboard that can support Linux and Solaris at the same time. Does anyone have any idea? I am now looking at the TYAN S2507T / TYAN S2505T / TYAN S2720, you guys have any clue?:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: doyho
6 Replies

2. Linux

Linux-laptop compatibility debate

Hey guys, i use my mac laptop and i love it, but i have decided its time to break the mold and use linux, and since linux on macs suck, i need to know what kind of pc to build... I want to know what kind of motherboard, wireless cards, hard drives, laptops, video cards, and etc. people have had... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesaynaysayer
3 Replies

3. Hardware

Linux Hardware Compatibility Guide (2007 HOWTO)

Before posting questions about Linux hardware, it is a good idea to check the Linux Hardware HOWTO guide (Last Update: 2007-05-22) However, this HOWTO has not been maintained since 2007 and it out-of-date. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. SCO

SCO unix binary compatibility problem

Hi I am looking for sco xenix binary compatibility utility "cvtomf",(convert omf object to COFF object) Would you please help me ? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
3 Replies

5. SCO

sco unix backward compatibility on "max open file per process"

Hi How to increase maximum number of open file in "sco xenix binary" running in "sco unix openserver 5.0.7" ? I have changed "NOFILES" kernel parameter to 512, but xenix binray can't open more than 60. tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
4 Replies

6. SCO

SCO Unix 5.0.6 SATA in compatibility mode

I am very new to SCO Unix so I apologize if this is a easy or dumb question. I have a 160GB SATA hard drive and SATA CD-ROM drive connected to one of my systems. I have both the drives running in compatibility mode. I also have the hard drive set as a primary master and the CD-ROM drive set as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: NPIGuy
10 Replies

7. BSD

OpenBSD fdisk - Linux fdisk compatibility ?

Hello, MBR partition table made by linux fdisk looks certainly not correct when printed by openbsd fdisk: Partition table created on linux (centos 6.3): # fdisk -l /dev/sdc Disk /dev/sdc: 10.7 GB, 10737418240 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1305 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Compatibility

Hi all. I'm in the process of migrating existing script on UNIX server to the LINUX platform. One of the script that have issues is this one: cd /home/edwh_test/S13018/EDWH-DMT03/stgdata/RPT/ # GIANT # rm -f INPUT_GIANT.csv filename=INPUT_GIANT_*csv GIANT_MONYYYY=$(echo $filename | awk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
9 Replies
BRANDELF(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       BRANDELF(1)

NAME
brandelf -- mark an ELF binary for a specific ABI SYNOPSIS
brandelf [-lv] [-f ELF_ABI_number] [-t string] file ... DESCRIPTION
The brandelf utility marks an ELF binary to be run under a certain ABI for FreeBSD. The options are as follows: -f ELF_ABI_number Forces branding with the supplied ELF ABI number. Incompatible with the -t option. These values are assigned by SCO/USL. -l Writes the list of all known ELF types to the standard error. -v Turns on verbose output. -t string Brands the given ELF binaries to be of the string ABI type. Currently supported ABIs are ``FreeBSD'', ``Linux'', and ``SVR4''. file If -t string is given it will brand file to be of type string, otherwise it will simply display the branding of file. EXIT STATUS
Exit status is 0 on success, and 1 if the command fails if a file does not exist, is too short, fails to brand properly, or the brand requested is not one of the known types and the -f option is not set. EXAMPLES
The following is an example of a typical usage of the brandelf command: brandelf file brandelf -t Linux file SEE ALSO
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc., System V Application Binary Interface, http://www.sco.com/developer/devspecs/, April 29, 1998 (DRAFT). HISTORY
The brandelf manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by John-Mark Gurney <jmg@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
March 25, 2014 BSD