Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in arithemetic operation Post 302188393 by subin_bala on Wednesday 23rd of April 2008 10:47:36 AM
Old 04-23-2008
Thanks its working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple operation

Fellows I ran in to a problem this morning and could not figure out a solution to it. I have a file like OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU" DESCRIPTION="ABC MNCL JHDG " OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU" DESCRIPTION="ABC MNCL JHDG " OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU" DESCRIPTION="ABC MNCL JHDG " DESCRIPTION="ABC MNCL JHDG "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arithemetic problem

I am using a script which does a lot of math and I am facing a problem.One value is greater than 10 mi and the script converts it to exponents i.e 70000000 7e... and this is causing my statements to become invalid. This is what I used A=`expr "${total}-${FAC}"|bc` where $total and $FAC are... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anujairaj
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

Hi all, Here is my situation. I have a text file TXT_FILE like this: john 123456 jack 94589 kelvin 94595 mary 88585 I want to read the first word in each line ( the name ) and assign to a string variable ( EX_LIST ) in my script so that I can use later as this commandfor i in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fongthai
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - arithemetic functions with external variables

I'm trying to get awk to do arithmetic functions with external variables and I'm getting an error that I cannot figure out how to fix. Insight would be appreciated money=$1 rate1=$(awk -F"\t " '/'$converting'/{print $3}' convert.table) rate2=$(awk -F"\t"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DKNUCKLES
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array operation

Hi, I would like ask for you help for coding array operation. array= ( a b c d e f ) I would like to remove entry "d" from my array and import the remaining entries back to the array. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat operation

Hi, Can anyone explain me what is the functionality of this code cat << EOF > $TSTFILE /$1/ { print "SENT" } EOF Suggestions welcome Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string operation

I am trying to ask for full name in a script, Then echo back to the user with the surname only, omitting the first name. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orjnet
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Operation

/home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/file4 this is the path...i have 2 variables filename and filepath...i want filename=file4 filepath=/home8/mc09ats/UnixCw i.e. i think i have to find last occurence of "/" in string and the string after "/" want to take in some variable and string before last "/"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lftp operation

dear all, I need to get files from ftp when only files consist of words 'EUROPE' ftp sources in folder /ftp1/ftp2/ftp3/201409 files inside /ftp1/ftp2/ftp3/201409is as below 201409_EUROPE_citizen.txt 201409_EUROPE_natality.txt 201409_EUROPE_occupancy.txt 201409_ASIA_citizen.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radius
1 Replies
SVN_CLEANUP(3)								 1							    SVN_CLEANUP(3)

svn_cleanup - Recursively cleanup a working copy directory, finishing incomplete operations and removing locks

SYNOPSIS
bool svn_cleanup (string $workingdir) DESCRIPTION
Recursively cleanup working copy directory $workingdir, finishing any incomplete operations and removing working copy locks. Use when a working copy is in limbo and needs to be usable again. PARAMETERS
o $workingdir - String path to local working directory to cleanup Note Relative paths will be resolved as if the current working directory was the one that contains the PHP binary. To use the calling script's working directory, use realpath(3) or dirname(__FILE__). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Warning This function is EXPERIMENTAL. The behaviour of this function, its name, and surrounding documentation may change without notice in a future release of PHP. This function should be used at your own risk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Basic example This example demonstrates clean up of a working copy in a directory named help-me: <?php svn_cleanup(realpath('help-me')); ?> The realpath(3) call is necessary due to SVN's quirky handling of relative paths. SEE ALSO
update(3), SVN documentation on svn cleanup. PHP Documentation Group SVN_CLEANUP(3)