Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with "test"
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems with "test" Post 302188344 by era on Wednesday 23rd of April 2008 07:57:25 AM
Old 04-23-2008
Nope, that's not it, the use of || is correct (but the rest of the script hurts to look at, no offense)

I'm guessing the line numbers are off, can you run it with sh -x compareReports.sh to see where the errors are really coming from?

The error message indicates you have an unquoted variable with an unexpected value in it. You should actually probably put double quotes around all your variables regardless.

Last edited by era; 04-23-2008 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Suggest sh -x run

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test command with "-z" and "-n"

Hello all, Please let me know, why the value of $? is diff for -z and -n. And explain what are the operends we can use with "test" and their purpose.. $ test -z "" $ echo $? 0 $ test -n "" $ echo $? 1 Thanx in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with "write" and "wall"

Hello, I am using VirtualBox to simulate a small network with two Linux computers, the host is Mac OS X. My problem is that I can't send "write" and "wall" messages from the host to one of those Linux computers. Here is what works: - The virtual Linux computer answers "ping" messages that have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123_abc
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shc : trying to test functionality "test" compiling but can not execute

I am testing shc to see if it would help with my need. Im at a point where Im trying to compile and test the "test.ksh" file that comes in the tar ball : shc-3.8.9> shc -v -r -f test.ksh shc shll=ksh shc =-c shc =exec '%s' "$@" shc = shc opts= shc: cc test.ksh.x.c -o test.ksh.x... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
MAKESH(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MAKESH(1)

NAME
makeSH - a .SH script maker SYNOPSIS
makeSH files DESCRIPTION
MakeSH examines one or more scripts and produces a .SH file that, when run under sh, will produce the original script. The .SH script so produced has two sections containing code destined for the output. The first section has variable substitutions performed on it (taking values from config.sh), while the second section does not. MakeSH does not know which variables you want to have substituted, so it puts the whole script into the second section. It's up to you to insert any variable substitutions in the first section for any values you want from config.sh. You should run makeSH from within your top-level directory and use the relative path to the file as an argument, so that the "Extracting ..." line printed while running the produced .SH file later on will give that same path. AUTHOR
Larry Wall <lwall@netlabs.com> SEE ALSO
pat(1), metaconfig(1), makedist(1). BUGS
It could assume that variables from metaconfig's Glossary need to be initialized in the first section, but I'm too lazy to make it do that. LOCAL MAKESH(1)