Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get lines in between Patterns? Post 302188301 by racbern on Wednesday 23rd of April 2008 06:11:19 AM
Old 04-23-2008
Hi aju kup,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Can you explain me the code as well please?

//racbern

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep All lines between 2 different patterns

I need a simple script to get all lines between 2 Patterns, e.g. ............. ............. 114456723: testing Script Alpha Beta 114459234: testing Done ............. ............. It should give all the lines in between 114456723 and 114459234, including these as well. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurpreet470
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching patterns in 1 file and deleting all lines with those patterns in 2nd file

Hi Gurus, I have a file say for ex. file1 which has 3500 lines in it which are different account numbers and another file (file2) which has 230000 lines in it. I want to read all the lines in file1 and delete all those lines from file2 which has that same pattern as in file1. I am not quite... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get the lines between two patterns?

hi, I have the following file hello world this is to say bye to everyone so bye I want to get the lines from hello to the first bye inclusive into another file? how can I do this (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines above the patterns

I want to delete 1 line above the paatern and 3 line below the pattern and the pattern line itself, on the whole 5 lines. If there are three patterns what to do and the final text file to be captured in a new file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: razen
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print between patterns AND a few lines before

I need to print out sections (varying numbers of lines) of a file between patterns. That alone is easy enough: sed -n '/START/,/STOP/' I also need the 3 lines BEFORE the start pattern. That alone is easy enough: grep -B3 START But I can't seem to combine the two so that I get everything between the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Finja
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print only lines in between patterns?

Hi, I want to print only lines (green-italic lines) in between first and last strings in column 9. there are different number of lines between each strings. 10 AUGUSTUS exon 4558 4669 . - . 10.g1 10 AUGUSTUS exon 8771 8889 . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamo
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines between patterns

I have a list in the format below, how do I read through the list and extract the lines between the ##START## and ##END##, so i can check for specific values between each ##START## & ##END## pattern ##START## RANDOMTEXT DFGSD SDFSDF ##END## ##START## morestuff sdfggfg sdfsdf... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for patterns on different lines

im using the following code to search a log for entries on two different lines: awk 'BEGIN{count=0} /'"${firstpattern}"'/,/'"${secondpattern}"'/ { print; if ($0 ~ /'"${thirdpattern}"'/){count++}; } END { print count }' data.txt firstpattern="start error log" secondpattern="i am logging the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete multiple lines between blank lines containing two patterns

Hi all, I'm looking for a way (sed or awk) to delete multiple lines between blank lines containing two patterns ex: user: alpha parameter_1 = 15 parameter_2 = 1 parameter_3 = 0 user: alpha parameter_1 = 15 parameter_2 = 1 parameter_3 = 0 user: alpha parameter_1 = 16... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines?

Hi, I need to print lines which are matching with start pattern "SELECT" and END PATTERN ";" and only select the last "select" statement including the ";" . I have attached sample input file and the desired input should be as: INPUT FORMAT: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH, DFGHJ, JKLMN, AXCVB,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
5 Replies
KUP-SERVER(1)							    kernel.org							     KUP-SERVER(1)

NAME
kup-server - kernel.org upload server utility DESCRIPTION
The program kup-server is expected to be the receiver of an ssh shell, configured with the following or similar options in ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys: command="/usr/bin/kup-server",no-agent-forwarding,no-port-forwarding,no-pty,no-user-rc,no-X11-forwarding ssh-rsa AAAA[...] Each user should have their own UID, as Unix user permissions are used for specific tree access control. On the client side, a correspond- ing client-side utility kup is used to initiate the connection and perform the uploads. GLOBAL CONFIG
The configuration file for kup-server is located in /etc/kup/kup-server.cfg and has the following options: [paths] All paths in this section should be disjoint. Do not combine any of them into one directory. data_path = /var/lib/kup/pub Path for public consumption, e.g. served via http or rsync. git_path = /var/cache/git This is the path where git trees (for the TAR and DIFF options) are available. Those should be readonly for the uploaders. lock_file = /run/kup/lock A common lock file for data_path. No program should modify the content in data_path without holding an flock on this file. Should be readonly for the uploaders. tmp_path = /var/cache/kup/tmp/ tmp_path can be either: 1. a directory writable by every user and with the sticky bit set (typically mode 1777 or 1770). In that case, DO NOT end the path with a slash, or: 2. A directory containing an empty directory for each user (named for that user), owned by that user and mode 0700. In this case, DO end the path with a slash. In either case, this directory tree MUST be on the same filesystem as data_path, since the script expects tocreate files in this directory and rename() them into data_path. pgp_path = /var/lib/kup/pgp A directory containing a GnuPG public keyring for each user, named <user>.gpg and readable (but not writable) by that user. [limits] All sizes are in bytes, all times in seconds. max_data = 8589934592 Max size of uploaded data. bufsiz = 262144 Buffer size when reading data. timeout_command = 30 How long to wait for a command to time out. timeout_data = 300 Must read at least bufsiz bytes in this timespan. timeout_compress = 900 Uncompressing tarballs must take at most this long. timeout_compress_cpu = 900 Each compression command must take at most this long in CPU time. AUTHOR
Written by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Intel Corporation This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version; incorporated herein by refer- ence. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
kup(1) kernel.org upload server utility 2011 KUP-SERVER(1)