Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sending mail in the dead.letter file Post 302188212 by chrischia on Wednesday 23rd of April 2008 02:19:22 AM
Old 04-23-2008
If i do not want any of the email - can i just simply delete the dead letter file from the directory?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dead.letter

HI, I am pretty new to Unix...but here is 1 serious problem...atleast for me..:-) now..the dead.letter file in /var/tmp has been growin continuously..n i dont know why..I ve even killed the sendmail process..but the dead.letter file keeps on increasin..Can anyone tell me where do I start... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unisam
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to attach a txt file while sending mail

Hi, I need to attach a txt file while sending mail thru Unix. Please help me out in this.. -Charan. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spooled file getting distorted when sending through unix mail

Hi Folks, I'm spooling a file through sqlplus and sending using mailx but the output got distorted in MS-outlook. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chgopi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is dead.letter ??

Hi all can you please help me what is dead.letter file ? when it is created ? for the first time i have seen this file getting created in my current directory? I am using SunOs. Any IDEA ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and sending mail based on content of the file

Hi Gurus, I am having an requirement. i have to read a list file which contains file names and send mail to different users based on the files in the list file. eg. if file a.txt exists then send a mail to a@a.com simillary for b.txt,c.txt etc. Thanks for your help, Nimu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimu1979
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

dead.letter issue

Hi, I have created a script that has some sql queries in it. It seem to work fine and e-mails me the output file but when i use this command 'col email format a20' it creates a dead.letter file and i never get the e-mail I am using mailx -s command to send out the e-mail. Any help would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnk
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email message in colour and bold letter

The code echo -e "\033[34m Test \033[0m Mail" when i execute this command line i get proper output but when i mail the output of this command through sendmail it doesn't appear. Basically I want to send email message in diffrent colours, bold letter using shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baps
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx -s not sending the file to mail address

Hi All, OS:Red Hat Linux 4 86x64 Below is my shell script which is not sending mail to the mail recipient: #!/bin/bash export MAILLIST="xyz@yahoo.com" cd <path_to_the_script_perf_report.sql> sqlplus / as sysdba @perf_report.sql if then cat <path_to_the_script/*MONTHLY*REPORT*.lst... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
6 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Send mail from dead.letter

Hi, Can someone pls tell me how do i mail the contents of my dead.letter to my mail id. The problem is that the content is a multi-part message in MIME format. How do i get the original message mailed to me. i used uuencode, but that does not work, says "uuencode not found" Any help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file and sending mail by shell scripting?

hi I need help urgently...i need to write a shell script which can solve the following problem....its urgent plz help me out coz m totally newbie in shell scripting.... the problem is: Suppose I have a folder called logs. whenever some error occurs some correspondence error file is generated. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
4 Replies
clamav-milter(8)						  Clam AntiVirus						  clamav-milter(8)

NAME
clamav-milter - milter compatible mail scanner SYNOPSIS
clamav-milter [options] DESCRIPTION
Clamav-milter is a filter for sendmail(1) mail server. It uses a mail scanning engine built into clamd(8). Clamav-milter can use load balancing and fault tolerant techniques to connect to more than one clamd(8) server and seamlessly hot-swap to even the load between different machines and to keep scanning for viruses even when a server goes down. OPTIONS
-h, --help Output help information and exit. -V, --version Print the version number and exit. -c FILE, --config-file=FILE Read configuration from FILE. FILES
/etc/clamav-milter.conf AUTHOR
aCaB <acab@clamav.net> SEE ALSO
sendmail(8), clamav-milter.conf(5), clamd(8), clamd.conf(5) ClamAV 0.96.1 Feb 25, 2009 clamav-milter(8)