Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX make -version is not working in HP-UX Post 302188209 by mannam srinivas on Wednesday 23rd of April 2008 02:02:08 AM
Old 04-23-2008
MySQL make -version is not working in HP-UX

hello everyone,

I had a HP-UX, i am trying to find the make version ,but it is displaying the error i.e
make -v
Make: Unknown flag argument v. Stop.
make -version
Make: Unknown flag argument v. Stop.
make --version
Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop.
make -V
Make: Unknown flag argument V. Stop.

but actually make is existing in the path
/usr/bin/make

in the same machine gmake also got installed and it is displaying the version.

gmake -v
GNU Make 3.81
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This program built for hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11

what is the problem ,why the machine is throughing the error.

can somebody help me regarding this error.

any help appriciated.

with regards,
sri

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What can make Cronjobs stop working??

Up until two days ago they were working junt fine, then stoped working with out me doing anything. Yesterday they started working again...and then stoped working, at about the same time of day that they stoped working the day before. service crond restart did nothing. All SSH signs point to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nintendo
0 Replies

2. AIX

Can I make application for AIX while working on Linux Box

Hi all, I had a large application created using Visual C++. I ported that application using WINE to the Linux platform (ofcourse x86). Now I have to port the same application to AIX which runs over IBM mainframe. I dont have mainframe available but it is required for me to port my application to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noble_curious
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Sendmail version ? and why -d isn't working

Hi, I am trying to figure out which version I am running of sendmail, but I am buffed. This is what I get sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null sendmail: illegal option -- d Telneting to my host: ~]$ telnet localhost 25 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saariko
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH regex (convert from working perl version)

Hi there, I need to test that a variable ($VAR) matches a regex mask in BASH. I have the exact thing working in perl (below), but could somebody advise me how i would do the same in BASH ? do i need to use something like egrep ? #!/bin/perl -w my $VAR = "some value"; if ( $VAR =~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

5. AIX

Does anyone know the version of make on AIX 5.1 & 5.3?

Could you tell me the version of default make on AIX 5.1 & 5.3? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redraiment
2 Replies

6. AIX

Not picking up the GNU version of make

Hi team, I am new to unix,and need your advice on the below. I am using aix5.3 and have installed make-3.82 on the server. I need to use gmake for configuring and installing a package ,but it is giving error at the below root@sapsrp:/usr/tmp/xymon-4.3.2 # ./configure.server ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonal kumar
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sftp not working on Tectia 6.0.12 version

Hi there, We have to establish sftp connectivity to a server, after exhcaning keys and intial set up I have tried sftp and the result is below. After getting the banner getting below error. error: Could not get current working directory: File not found But when I do another way, $... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk84993
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

make file script not working

Hi All, I have one requirement in my automation . I need to pass values like 1 , 2 , 3 to MY_IMAGE in command line in linux . I had defines activities for all these inputs in other make file. The code similar to below i wrote for my requirement. Issue was whenever i passes values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make this code working?

Hi Gurus, I wrote a simple code, but it doesn't work, can body help me to fix the issue. awk -F',' 'BEGIN{n=0}{ NR == FNR {fname;next} { if ($3==fname) n=1 } END{if n==0} }' tmpsrc srcfile.txt Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make working this regex in perl?

Hello to all, The Regex below is supposed to match all strings except RR45. I've tested in regex101.com and it works, butwhen I try to use it with the perl command below I get the error shown. Regex=(?<=^|RR45)(?!RR45).+?(?=RR45|$) How to fix this? I'm using Cygwin. $ echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
9 Replies
PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Unknown(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Unknown(3)

NAME
PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Unknown - Represent an unknown structure. SYNOPSIS
use PPIx::Regexp::Dumper; PPIx::Regexp::Dumper->new( 'qr{(?(foo)bar|baz|burfle)}smx' ) ->print(); INHERITANCE
"PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Unknown" is a PPIx::Regexp::Structure. "PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Unknown" has no descendants. DESCRIPTION
This class is used for a structure which the lexer recognizes as being improperly constructed. METHODS
This class provides no public methods beyond those provided by its superclass. SUPPORT
Support is by the author. Please file bug reports at <http://rt.cpan.org>, or in electronic mail to the author. AUTHOR
Thomas R. Wyant, III wyant at cpan dot org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2013 by Thomas R. Wyant, III This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5.10.0. For more details, see the full text of the licenses in the directory LICENSES. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Unknown(3)