Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mounting usb device
Operating Systems Linux mounting usb device Post 302188097 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 22nd of April 2008 03:46:58 PM
Old 04-22-2008
sypherz,

Please do not hijack other threads - if you have a problem open a new thread for it.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mounting USB

Hi I was trying to mount my USB flashdrive on solaris 10 and I am getting the message saying that (I have already gone through the previous blogs in the forum) mount: Block device required. I have tried most of the possible ways. #rmformat(gives me the necessary information about my flash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhil1460
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB flash drive is not mounting what to do...?

hello forum.. i am using RHEL 4.0 and my system is dual boot.normally the usb flash drive should be auto mount , but in my system i am unable to mount the drive plz help... i am a new user so plz give me in detail. thank u in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoranjan
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Mounting a USB device with a predetermined name

When I attach a USB storage device to my Solaris server, the mount point is coming up as /rmdisk/unnamed_rmdisk Is there anyway I can have this device come up as a mounted device with a predetermined mount name eg /morespace rather than unnamed_rmdisk ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting a USB device with a persistent name

When I attach a USB storage device to my Solaris server, the mount point is coming up as /rmdisk/unnamed_rmdisk Is there anyway I can have this device come up as a mounted device with a predetermined mount name eg /morespace rather than unnamed_rmdisk ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies

5. Solaris

mounting usb drive

hi, first of all, i would really like to know how to find out where my usb is in the system. if i "cd to /dev/usb i have a hub0 to hub4 and hid0 -- hid5 .. how do i know where my usb is? and i guess once i find out which one my usb is at, i can do something like "mount /dev/usb/xxx /tmp" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with mounting my USB

My previous post seems to be erased and I didn't get any help. I'm logged as root now but no mounting command seems to work, I've tried: Mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1 /mnt/USB Changing "sdc1" for hda1-7, and sdc1-7, and still nothing. Sometimes i get: "special device not found" and others "device... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dax01
4 Replies

7. BSD

Mounting a USB stick in FreeBSD

When mounting a USB stick or pen drive on a FreeBSD machine I always issue the following command: mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt Something I have always wondered is what the option msdosfs stands for and more importantly, why it is necessary. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Mounting USB HD

I am very new to Solaris. The machine I am working with is running Solaris 10. I have a 1.5 TB hard drive plugged into a USB dock plugged into the Solaris machine. I ran 'cfgadm -al' and can see that the usb0/1 is usb-storage that was not there before. How do i mount this drive and format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies

9. Programming

Look-up USB mounting point

Hi all, I'm developing a short program to look-up for all devices connected to the computer. Using udev and libusb libraries I achieved some progress but I can not find the way to find the mount point. For instance, given a device that I can retrieve using libusb, I would like to know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carles Rabaneda
4 Replies
thr_join(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      thr_join(3C)

NAME
thr_join - wait for thread termination SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file...[ library... ] #include <thread.h> int thr_join(thread_t thread, thread_t *departed, void **status); DESCRIPTION
The thr_join() function suspends processing of the calling thread until the target thread completes. The thread argument must be a member of the current process and cannot be a detached thread. See thr_create(3C). If two or more threads wait for the same thread to complete, all will suspend processing until the thread has terminated, and then one thread will return successfully and the others will return with an error of ESRCH. The thr_join() function will not block processing of the calling thread if the target thread has already terminated. If a thr_join() call returns successfully with a non-null status argument, the value passed to thr_exit(3C) by the terminating thread will be placed in the location referenced by status. If the target thread ID is 0, thr_join() finds and returns the status of a terminated undetached thread in the process. If no such thread exists, it suspends processing of the calling thread until a thread for which no other thread is waiting enters that state, at which time it returns successfully, or until all other threads in the process are either daemon threads or threads waiting in thr_join(), in which case it returns EDEADLK. See NOTES. If departed is not NULL, it points to a location that is set to the ID of the terminated thread if thr_join() returns successfully. RETURN VALUES
If successful, thr_join() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
EDEADLK A joining deadlock would occur, such as when a thread attempts to wait for itself, or the calling thread is waiting for any thread to exit and only daemon threads or waiting threads exist in the process. ESRCH No undetached thread could be found corresponding to the given thread ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
thr_create(3C), thr_exit(3C), wait(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) NOTES
Using thr_join(3C) in the following syntax, while (thr_join(0, NULL, NULL) == 0); will wait for the termination of all non-daemon threads, excluding threads that are themselves waiting in thr_join(). SunOS 5.10 27 Mar 2000 thr_join(3C)