Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting when executing .sh script in telnet error "script not found" Post 302187954 by smiley on Tuesday 22nd of April 2008 10:31:14 AM
Old 04-22-2008
Error when executing .sh script in telnet error "script not found"

Hi.

i have written a wrapper script which inturn call the ftp child script in it. Now the problem is when i executing the same script in my script directory through putty it is getting executed successfully;where as through telnet i get an error "scripts not found" Can some one help me...

Thanks In Advance..
Regards
Smiley

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script/telnet - Remove/Control "Connection closed by foreign host"

How do I gain control of the "Connection closed by foreign host" message telnet yields when you connect to it in a shell script? I'm using the output: #!/usr/local/bin/bash count=$(ping -c 1 $1 | grep 'received' | awk -F',' '{ print $2 }' | awk '{ print $1 }') if ; then echo "$1 PING "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the difference executing a script with . in the front versus not putting a "."

Hi All, I know this has been discussed a lot but still I need some more answers. I am running this is ksh on AIX 5.3 I believe putting a "." in front of the script will start a new shell, is that correct?? I have a script which override some PATH variables and it does not do that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem executing awk in shell "not found"

Hello, The INPUT file a.txt contains this a a a b b b I'm trying to execute this shell script from the Unix Command Line like this: ./k.sh a.txt > newfile.txt #!/usr/bin/sh infile="$1" awk '{print $0;}' < $infile I get this error message on the command line: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script invoked using "sh" is not executing. Urgent help required

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. I am using Linux for doing scripting. Below is my script, which takes 2 parameters as input. test.sh has the below: #!/bin/bash . $HOME/.profile gpg --yes --no-use-agent -r "$(eval echo \$$2_Var)" -e $1 1st parameter is command line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarb
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail script throwing an error "No recipient addresses found in header"

Hi, I am using following code to send an e-mail with attachment and body. echo "To: user1@mail.com,user2@mail.com" > mail.tmp echo "Cc: user3@mail.com,user4@mail.com" >> mail.tmp echo "From: group@mail.com" >> mail.tmp echo "Subject: my report" >> mail.tmp echo "please see as attached"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script giving "Command Not found"

Hello Geeks, Greetings...I have the following script: #!/usr/bin/bash #Script to generate number of active PDP context & calculate PDP activation #failurefrom EPG-M #Script written by Gbenga Adigun #September 12, 2013 username="xxxxxx" password="xxxxxxxxx" HOSTS=( ggsn01... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script fails with "function: not found" error

Hello everyone, I am having problems figuring this out. This script below is supposed to create a list of file names with their "md5sum", in a file "lib-list.txt" When I run it "sh component-list.sh " I get this:component-list.sh: 4: component-list.sh: function: not found component-list.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemb
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"if" Loop not working when executing script using cron

I am facing this weird issue where the script is working fine from the command line but when I am executing it from cron though it is working fine but the "if" loop is processing else part though I know that the if part of the logic is true and ideally the loop should execute the if portion. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fix this "Input is not UTF-8" while executing ksh script?

Hi, I have an automated script which have set of sqls but when i am trying to execute the automated script by using nohup command, it is throwing an error like "Input is not UTF-8" . And when i digged in to it, i am getting some "Â" character in the shell script. How to avoid this!? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samah
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)