Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find exarct string using grep Post 302187944 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 22nd of April 2008 09:53:36 AM
Old 04-22-2008
Code:
grep 'Recalculation|' t1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace all string instances found by find+grep

Hello all Im performing find + grep operation that looks like this : find . -name "*.dsp" | xargs grep -on Project.lib | grep -v ':0' and I like to add to this one liner the possibility to replace the string " Project.lib" that found ( more then once in file ) with "Example.lib" how can I do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep string and find line before

hi, i have to grep for string in file but i want to find the group of this line so i must get lines before and select the group. the file look like : ####name_groupe1 alphanumeric line alphanumeric line .. ####name_groupe2 alphanumeric line alphanumeric line .. ####name_groupe3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep string and then find another string

I have a file that looks like this: Name=TOM abcded asdfas fkoiaerj inadhah Name=Chris 23nafds vasdkfna afadns afdadsfa aaaaaa bbbbbb cccccc I would to search for the string 'bbbbbb', then I would like to search above that string for the 1st occurrence of "Name" and not the other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: doza22
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find out line number of matching string using grep

Hi all, I want to display line number for matching string in a file. can anyone please help me. I used grep -n "ABC" file so it displays 6 ABC. But i only want to have line number,i don't want that it should prefix matching context with line number. Actually my original... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string using grep & print the line above or below that.

Hi All, Please tell me how can I Find a string using grep & print the line above or below that in solaris? Please share as I am unable to use grep -A or grep -B as it is not working on Solaris. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep to find files that don't contain a string

Hi all, I am still learning my way around unix commands and I have the following question. I have a website and I want to search for all the html pages that don't contain a certain js file. The file I am searching for is located under /topfolder/js/rules.js . So I assume in my grep search I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SyphaX
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive find / grep within a file / count of a string

Hi All, This is the first time I have posted to this forum so please bear with me. Thanks also advance for any help or guidance. For a project I need to do the following. 1. There are multiple files in multiple locations so I need to find them and the location. So I had planned to use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charlie6742
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to find string in Variable in file2

Hi , I am executing 2 queries and output is saved in file1.txt and file2.txt example of file1.txt Testing word Doc.docx,/Lab/Development and Validation/Multitest/MT_010708/Testing,Development and Validation,root,11-Mar-2014,,,,, Testing Excel _.xlsx,/Lab/Development and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunil Mathapati
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep till grep find the string

Hello! I have a sample code in which a grep is being performed from multiple files with a date format in their naming convention. Here the script: #! /usr/bin/bash cd /IN/service_packages/SMS/cdr/received MYDATE=`date +"%Y%m%d%H%M"` #get the value then divide by 60 #DAPS_SLC01... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to find an exact string

Hi all, I tried searching the forum for this, and I read numerous suggestions here and even on other forums, and I cannot get this to want the way that I need it to. I tried grep -W / -f to no luck. Here is what I have. I have a list of file names- FILE1-FILE1TEST,FILE1RELATION... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
7 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)