Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help finding number of logins! Post 302187865 by krishmaths on Tuesday 22nd of April 2008 06:14:03 AM
Old 04-22-2008
Code:
last | awk '{print $1}' | uniq -c

Output may not be in the format you wanted. But this will help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding biggest number

I think my script is working but i am trying to understand while I am tracing to see if it's realli working.. can somebody please comment.. also. is there different way to write this in shell? sh -x findbiggestnum 1 2 3 + big=0 + big=1 + big=2 + big=3 + echo 3 3 big=0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding number ranges using grep

Is it possible for me to find numbers in a file by a range using grep? like cat data | cut -f1 | grep <info> Im trying to find information and extract every amount that is less than a number (ie less than 75 or whatever) Is this possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DKNUCKLES
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of multiple logins

How can i get the number of multiple logins of the user those are logged in currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramkum
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Finding port number !!

Hi all , I want know the port no on which a particular application is running. How to find that? Thanks in anticipation (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
11 Replies

5. Solaris

Finding server serial number

Hi All, I wnat to know how to find out the Server serial number in command prompt? I am using sneep command but it throughing unknown. Thanks and Regards, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the line with the exact same number

Hello All, What i am doing is , i tail a file from certain chatacter and then cat -n to get the line numbers.I search for a particular string and gets it line number. What i am interested in is the next line immediately after the pattern i search. But grep gives me result for all line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the number of dtsessions

I am trying to find out the number of dtsessions. using the command wc -l $FILE_NAME it works fine But when I try to assign this value to some variable using the command set NUM_DT_SESSION=$(wc -l $FILE_NAME) it shows error Variable syntax find below the complete command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding number in exact column

Dear all, I want to find a number in exact column but I don't know how to do it. Here is the thing, data is shown below, and I want to find 416 in the first column and print it out, how should I deal with it? Thank you very much! ab33 50S01S 958 279.068999 67.251013 -150.172544 67.250000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handsonzhao
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on finding a number

Hello, Here is my question. I have a file which contains the html values. I have to find the decimal number from it. It is tagged around >68.74<. Please help me on it.. alt='' ><\/td>\n\t\t<td align=\"right\" class='data_table_text data_table_conv_averages_text' \ style='padding-right:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding which is Running number

Hi All, I have a list of data in the listing file and I run row by row to process the record, but how to identify what is the current process line number ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
2 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)