Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace single field out of 60 Post 302187700 by ajp7701 on Monday 21st of April 2008 07:17:54 PM
Old 04-21-2008
thx!! vgersh99

thank you thank you thank you vgersh99 that works perfect!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash assign mysql query single field to variable

I'm running a bash script query and assigning the output to a variable like this: exists=`mysql -u $USER_NAME --password=$PASSWORD -D "somedb" \ -e "SELECT * FROM somedb.sometable WHERE field1 ='$a' \ AND field2 ='$b' LIMIT 0 , 30";` which returns something like: echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace single quote with two single quotes in perl

Hi I want to replace single quote with two single quotes in a perl string. If the string is <It's Simpson's book> It should become <It''s Simpson''s book> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - single quotes as field separator

How can I use single quotes as field separator in awk? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace a field from a line with another field

i have something like this, cat filename.txt hui this si s"dfgdfg" omeone ipaddress="10.19.123.104" wel hope this works i want to replace only 10.19.123.104 with different ip say 10.19.123.103 i tried this sed -i "s/'ipaddress'/'ipaddress=10.19.123.103'/g" filename.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a field with a character as per the field length

Hi all, I have a requirement to replace a field with a character as per the length of the field. Suppose i have a file where second field is of 20 character length. I want to replace second field with 20 stars (*). like ******************** As the field is not a fixed one, i want to do the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files comparision with single field

Hi , Im new to uxin environment and shell scripting.... please help me with the code for the following scenario..... file 1 contains the following fields abc 200 rupee IND cdf 400 dollar USA efg 300 euro GER hij 600 pound ENG file 2 SBI abc 321 dollar CANAD kvr mnd ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivaji_veer
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep a single field from a line?

hi, i have a text file with some fields. file.txt aaa|bbb|ccc|1-sh|2-sh|5-sh ddd|eee|fff|1-sh|4-sh i am selecting a line using grep command using the combination of 1st 3 column. grep "aaa|bbb|ccc" file.txt output: aaa|bbb|ccc|1-sh|2-sh|5-sh now i want to cut a field from this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single Field to multiple fields searching

I have a fileA with one column (1000 rows), and fileB with 26 columns(13000 rows). I need to search each value of fileA with fileB and return all the 26 values from FileB to a new file- File C if matches. The search value (from FileA) may present in any of the 26 values in FileB. This value is not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsikrishna928
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - CSV file - field with single or multiple spaces

Hi, In a csv file, I want to select records where first column has zero or multiple spaces. Eg: abc.csv ,123,a ,22,b ,11,c a,11,d So output should be: ,123,a ,22,b ,11,c Please advise (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace last field in a file,if first field matches

Hi, Need to replace last field in a file(/etc/passwd) ,if first filed matches with particular username. Scenario: cat testfor1 deekshi:x:7082:7082::/home/deekshi:/bin/bash harini1:x:7083:7083::/home/harini1:/bin/bash Here,if first field contains "deekshi", then i should replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
AUSEARCH_ADD_INTERPRETED_ITEM(3)				  Linux Audit API				  AUSEARCH_ADD_INTERPRETED_ITEM(3)

NAME
ausearch_add_interpreted_item - build up search rule SYNOPSIS
#include <auparse.h> int ausearch_add_interpreted_item(auparse_state_t *au, const char *field, const char *op, const char *value, ausearch_rule_t how); DESCRIPTION
ausearch_add_interpreted_item adds one search condition to the current audit search expression. The search conditions can then be used to scan logs, files, or buffers for something of interest. The field value is the field name that the value will be checked for. The op vari- able describes what kind of check is to be done. Legal op values are: exists just check that a field name exists = locate the field name and check that the value associated with it is equal to the value given in this rule. != locate the field name and check that the value associated with it is NOT equal to the value given in this rule. The value parameter is compared to the interpreted field value (the value that would be returned by auparse_interpret_field(3)). The how value determines how this search condition will affect the existing search expression if one is already defined. The possible val- ues are: AUSEARCH_RULE_CLEAR Clear the current search expression, if any, and use only this search condition. AUSEARCH_RULE_OR If a search expression E is already configured, replace it by (E || this_search_condition). AUSEARCH_RULE_AND If a search expression E is already configured, replace it by (E && this_search_condition). RETURN VALUE
Returns -1 if an error occurs; otherwise, 0 for success. SEE ALSO
ausearch_add_expression(3), ausearch_add_item(3), ausearch_add_timestamp_item(3), ausearch_add_regex(3), ausearch_set_stop(3), ause- arch_clear(3), ausearch_next_event(3), ausearch-expression(5). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Nov 2007 AUSEARCH_ADD_INTERPRETED_ITEM(3)