Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers .bashrc question re: rm -i & ls --colors Post 302187664 by kthatch on Monday 21st of April 2008 03:50:53 PM
Old 04-21-2008
era --- as for my colors, here is the results to your question:

# which ls
/usr/bin/ls

# type -all ls
ls is /usr/bin/ls

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

And(&&) Question

Hi, for example in this script I want both of these files to be listed with my "ls" command but it won't work, is there a way to do it like this I've tried &, ||, |, etc. This seems so simple but I can't figure it out. I thought with "&&" it would work but I was wrong! #!/usr/ksh touch... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dirs & colors

hi @all question from an absolute beginner: I want directory listings to be displayed with different colors... what do I have to do and where can I find the settings? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tk876
4 Replies

3. Linux

xterm font colors - configuration question?

When I telnet (ssh) over to my Fedora system, I find the colors horrible. For instance, regular files are white text, which is fine, but directories show up as dark blue which is virtually invisible against the black background). Additionally, when using vi, I find the colors great doing perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripley
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating & sending formatted (with bolds & colors) CSV

Hi , I have a situation. Need is to create & send a formatted file with header in BOLD & colored & some sequel results as a content. I know echo -e \033 command, but its scope is limited in PUTTY. How to retain the formatting out of Putty; say after someone opens a email attachment... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infaWorld
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bashrc question

Hi, I was instructed to find all the .bashrc files on my system, that MODIFY the PS1 varaible. here is what i've come up with so far: ls / .bashrc -print woo. But thats not all. I need to display the full file name ( Including the full path ) and protection. - I can display... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on x-window & which Linux to go with

Hi, Currently in my company, we are using Windows 2003 server and Exceed. Team from India can connect to the Windows 2003 server and start Exceed to run their UNIX application. The application is GUI based. As you know, Windows 2003 only allows two connection at any time. so I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie (question 2)

Hello everyone, I am having to do a lot of perl scripting these days and I am learning a lot. I have this problem I want to move files from a folder and all its sub folders to one parent folder, they are all .gz files.. there is folder1\folder2\*.gz and there are about 50 folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xytiz
1 Replies

8. Programming

Quick question about '_&'

I've seen in other programmers code the use of '_&' as a line separator. I am trying to find in my C++ reference manual some pages dedicated to an explanation of the use of this '_&' but I don't know what it is called. I only know it is a "line separator" or "line break" of some sort which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help: quick and easy question may be: How to use &&

Hi Guru's. I am trying to use to check if $5 is greater than 80 & if not 100, then to print $0 : awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0} But getting error: >bdf1|sed 's/%//g'|awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0}' syntax error The source line is 1. The error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remoting sudo commands & bypassing bashrc

What I want to do is not unique, except that our environment has a twist. I want to ssh to a remote server and issue a sudo command to run a script. This isn't working, but you'll get the gist.# ssh remotehost sudo -i -u oracle script.bashThe sudo to oracle is fine. The script.bash sets up the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JustaDude
4 Replies
ppmcolors(1)						      General Commands Manual						      ppmcolors(1)

NAME
ppmcolors - generate a color map of all colors of a certain maxval SYNOPSIS
ppmcolors [-maxval=maxval] All options can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. You may use two hyphens instead of one to designate an option. You may use either white space or an equals sign between an option name and its value. DESCRIPTION
ppmcolors generates a PPM color map containing all the colors representable with a certain maxval. A PPM color map is a regular PPM image that is used by some programs to define a set of colors. ppmcolors generates a one row PPM image that contains one pixel of each color representable by the maxval you choose. The maxval of the PPM image is that maxval. Note that you can change the maxval of the color map by running the output of ppmcolors through pnmdepth. As long as the new maxval is a multiple of the original, the resulting set of colors will be identical. If the new maxval is not a multiple, the resulting set of colors will be slightly different. When you select a maxval of 5 (which is the default), you get a color map of the set of "web safe" colors as defined by Netscape. Most web browsers guarantee that they can produce at least these 216 colors (215 plus black). pnmcolormap is another program to generate a color map. It chooses a set of colors designed to represent the colors in a specified image (or simply the set of all the colors in that image, if you choose). pgmramp performs a similar function for PGM images. OPTIONS
-maxval=maxval This is the maxval of the generated color map. Default is 5. SEE ALSO
pnmdepth(1), pnmcolormap(1), ppmcie(1), ppmrainbow(1), pgmramp(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
By Bryan Henderson, December 2001. 20 December 2001 ppmcolors(1)