Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OS X GUI question
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OS X GUI question Post 302187612 by Dave Miller on Monday 21st of April 2008 02:30:28 PM
Old 04-21-2008
Regarding the one-button mouse:

If you hold command (or is it ctrl? I'm not on my Mac right now), and then click, that's the same as a 'right click'.

Also, you can plug in a standard 2 button mouse, and the Mac OS automatically supports right clicks. There is even a control panel option to disable the trackpad when a mouse is attached, and to swap the right/left button functions.

As far as a three button mouse goes... I never tried it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat 7.1 GUI

I am trying to install a Linux LFS server. I have not been able to figure out how to get the GUI to load up. I'm not even sure if it has been installed. Any information would be greatly appreciatted. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlcrowder
2 Replies

2. Programming

GUI programming

I am a newbie to the *nix developer community, and was wondering if anyone has any good links on the subject of GUI programming in the X environment. Any suggestion is welcome =). (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solitare
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

GUI help

I am running Solaris 9 os on a sparc 64. I installed netscape 7 and it works just fine. However on the desktop when you click web browser is still brings up netscape 4. How can i make the web browser link on the desk top open version 7 instead of 4? Thanks, Steve (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meyersp
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gui?

Do you guys work with Python? I'm just learning now but GUI seems like a way cool program it is just really wierd... I have version 4.2. you can download it for free off the site... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blacidic
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What to use for non-X GUI??

Has anybody ever needed to make a GUI (but really old-school style like dialog) to do some menu-based configurations... quite literally I have been bashing out code in Python using an interface class to the Dialog program in Linux... but it doesn't really have all the callback menu-driven... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a GUI without GUI

I was wondering if it is possible to run a GUI window (say Firefox) without actually showing up the window on the desktop but still make it do its own regular stuff (like maybe do something via the command line). Sorry if its a dumb question. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris GUI

am a newbie to solaris. can some one tell me whether solaris v10.0 comes with GUI or not? if there is GUI, how do we switch between GUI and commandline.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichwaiznicht
2 Replies

9. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gui

hi unix expert what does mean the blew sentences? and what does i do for this? ( i want to install dropbox in centos) "I was just experimenting with Flatpak apps, and Dropbox is available as a Flatpak. Installing that way was super easy -- installed gnome-software (which has Flatpak... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
2 Replies
UNTITLED
LOCAL UNTITLED NAME
glutMouseFunc -- Sets the mouse-button callback for the current window. LIBRARY
OpenGLUT - input SYNOPSIS
#include <openglut.h> void glutMouseFunc(void( *callback )( int button, int state, int x, int y )); PARAMETERS
callback Client hook for mouse-buttons. DESCRIPTION
Whenever a mouse button is pressed or released in an OpenGLUT window, OpenGLUT checks if that window has a mouse-button (Mouse) callback reg- istered. If so, OpenGLUT gives the event to the handler. button is the button number, starting from 0. state is GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN to indicate the button's new state. The other parameters are the mouse coordinates. Mouse wheel motion can be reported as buttons. If you do not request otherwise, a wheel spun forward will act like a button clicking down, immediately followed by clicking up. Spinning the same wheel backward will act like a different button clicking. Mouse wheel pseudo-buttons are added after all real buttons. While the button is held and the mouse is dragged, you receive mouse-motion events (glutMotionFunc()), even if the mouse is dragged out of the window. This callback is bound to the current window . CAVEATS
Reporting the wheel as buttons is actually inherited from X. freeglut added code to support this on WIN32. OpenGLUT inherited that support from freeglut. Old GLUT defines the symbols GLUT_LEFT_BUTTON, GLUT_RIGHT_BUTTON, and GLUT_MIDDLE_BUTTON. However, mice can have more than 3 buttons, so these symbols are deprecated. Windows created via glutCreateMenuWindow() always cascade keyboard and mouse events to their parent. SEE ALSO
glutMotionFunc(3) glutPassiveMotionFunc(3) glutMouseWheelFunc(3) Epoch