Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: weird file list problem
Operating Systems AIX weird file list problem Post 302187541 by grial on Monday 21st of April 2008 11:42:13 AM
Old 04-21-2008
Well, I do not know why you are naming those files that way. At least not with the info you are providing us with... But I can tell you how to manage with those files. Two options, as far as I know:
- Name them using a back slash before the white space:
ls K6A80403125051.prn\ :res\ 2330479869879093344\ ext\ 2330477052380546512\ align
- Use quotes:
ls "K6A80403125051.prn :res 2330479869879093344 ext 2330477052380546512 align"

Back to the reason for that filenames, how are them being created? by a script? program? Tell us, so that we can help you.

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird Problem???

I have a problem I don't understand... I am trying to declare a variable, and then output the results of that variable, couldn't be simpler #!/bin/ksh VAR='Oranges' if then echo "Found Lemons" elif then echo "Found Oranges" fi The output shouold clearly be "Found Oranges", but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Weird crontab problem

Greetings To All! I am running Solaris 10 in a sparc environment. Here is the deal: In /var/spool/cron/crontabs, there is a cron user named "sys". If I do a crontab -l sys, it returns: # 0 * * * 0-6 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 # 20,40 8-17 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 # 5 18 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird date difference problem

I am trying to find the difference in days between 2 dates. I have to extract the 1st date from a filename, which i did using the awk command. I have to compare this date to today's date and if the difference is greater than 30 days, do something, else do something else. This is what i wrote... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraKh
22 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Really weird delete problem

Hi, I've Ubuntu 8.04, and it has some files that I just cannot delete. I've tried everything, inode, fsck etc. Here is what the ls -li outputs root@ubuntu:/home/luser/.local/share/Trash/files/junk# ls -l ls: cannot access TRUNK_: No such file or directory ls: cannot access 2006_output.mv:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
11 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Weird dependency problem!

Hi, I want to install net-snmp-devel package but i have following dependecy problem. It's very odd, i don't get it. One of packages is depended on the other one, the other one is depended on the previous one as well. :S :S Could you help me please? Here are the steps: # ls -l total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oduth
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird problem in my shell script,please help me!!!

sqlLogftp_mov=$LOGDIR/logftp_mov_$mydate.log sqlplus -s $ORAUSER << EOF > $sqlLogftp_mov SET SERVEROUT ON @/$SCRIPTDIR/rep_comm_ext_tbl_load.sql EOF retorno=0 cnt=`grep -q 'ORA-' $sqlLogftp_mov | wc -l` if ; then retorno=1 echo 'Failure' sendEmailFalha exit 1 fi if ; then echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamaladevi
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird problem with cp command on a Synology

Hi. First post, and Linux newbie, so maybe I'm missing something obvious: I have a Synology NAS that is run by a Linux distribution (which?). I have had an external hard drive connected to the NAS for making backups using Synology's backup application Time Backup. Time Backup is based on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pokersut
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk weird problem.

awk 'BEGIN{print 1.2.3.4}' 1.20.30.4 Can anyone explain why has extra "0" in the IP address? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newoz
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird problem with join command

I have a weird issue going on with the join command... I have two files I am trying to join...here is a line from each file with the important parts marked in red: file1: /groupspace/ccops/cmis/bauwkrcn/commsamp_20140315.txt,1 file2:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbiggied
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird awk problem

Hi, I have a simple awk script: BEGIN{} { $a=$2-$1; print $a } END{if(NR==0){ print "0" } } to which I provide the following input 2.9 14 22.2 27 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies
gst-launch-ext-0.8(1)						   User Commands					     gst-launch-ext-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-launch-ext-0.8, gst-launch-ext - run a predefined GStreamer pipeline SYNOPSIS
gst-launch-ext-0.8 filename [filename...] [gst-std-options] gst-launch-ext filename [filename...] [gst-std-options] DESCRIPTION
gst-launch-ext-0.8 runs a basic predefined GStreamer pipeline, and prints the name of the pipeline. gst-launch-ext-0.8 is only used as a quick test to ensure that codecs and GStreamer work properly. gst-launch-ext-0.8 does not handle more advanced features such as synchro- nization. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-launch-ext-0.8 and gst-launch-ext: gst-std-options Standard options available for use with most GStreamer applications. See gst-std-options(5) for more information. The following options are supported by gst-launch-ext only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the GStreamer pipeline to run. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
gst-launch-ext-0.8 can be configured by creating a .gst file in your home directory. This PERL-style configuration file can override the default values for audio and video output sinks. The following example .gst file implements the same defaults as those hard-coded in the script: AUDIOSINK = osssink VIDEOSINK = ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink You can change osssink to esdsink, alsasink, or sunaudiosink, and you can change xvimagesink to ximagesink, aasink, or sdlvideosink. You must have the appropriate plugin installed on the system to use the specified output sink. Other GStreamer plug-ins can also be used. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching a GStreamer Pipeline example% gst-launch-ext-0.8 filename EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-launch-ext-Executable to run a predefined GStreamer pipeline ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gst-complete(1), gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3), gst-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-launch-ext-0.8(1)