Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: weird file list problem
Operating Systems AIX weird file list problem Post 302187540 by jmmora on Monday 21st of April 2008 11:36:14 AM
Old 04-21-2008
Yes is part of the name we are expected only the following

-rw-rw-rw- 1 user1 ugroups 831690 Apr 03 12:52 K6A80403125051.prn
-rw-rw-rw- 1 user1 ugroups 5900 Apr 03 14:19 K6A80403141858.idx
-rw-rw-rw- 1 user1 ugroups 213772 Apr 03 14:19 K6A80403141858.prn
-rw-rw-rw- 1 user1 ugroups 4744 Apr 03 16:05 K6A80403160554.idx

I mean without the " :res 2330479869879093344 ext 2330477052380546512 align " part because I you try to copy, move or even use FTP you will the error "file doesn't exist".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird Problem???

I have a problem I don't understand... I am trying to declare a variable, and then output the results of that variable, couldn't be simpler #!/bin/ksh VAR='Oranges' if then echo "Found Lemons" elif then echo "Found Oranges" fi The output shouold clearly be "Found Oranges", but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Weird crontab problem

Greetings To All! I am running Solaris 10 in a sparc environment. Here is the deal: In /var/spool/cron/crontabs, there is a cron user named "sys". If I do a crontab -l sys, it returns: # 0 * * * 0-6 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 # 20,40 8-17 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 # 5 18 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird date difference problem

I am trying to find the difference in days between 2 dates. I have to extract the 1st date from a filename, which i did using the awk command. I have to compare this date to today's date and if the difference is greater than 30 days, do something, else do something else. This is what i wrote... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraKh
22 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Really weird delete problem

Hi, I've Ubuntu 8.04, and it has some files that I just cannot delete. I've tried everything, inode, fsck etc. Here is what the ls -li outputs root@ubuntu:/home/luser/.local/share/Trash/files/junk# ls -l ls: cannot access TRUNK_: No such file or directory ls: cannot access 2006_output.mv:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
11 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Weird dependency problem!

Hi, I want to install net-snmp-devel package but i have following dependecy problem. It's very odd, i don't get it. One of packages is depended on the other one, the other one is depended on the previous one as well. :S :S Could you help me please? Here are the steps: # ls -l total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oduth
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird problem in my shell script,please help me!!!

sqlLogftp_mov=$LOGDIR/logftp_mov_$mydate.log sqlplus -s $ORAUSER << EOF > $sqlLogftp_mov SET SERVEROUT ON @/$SCRIPTDIR/rep_comm_ext_tbl_load.sql EOF retorno=0 cnt=`grep -q 'ORA-' $sqlLogftp_mov | wc -l` if ; then retorno=1 echo 'Failure' sendEmailFalha exit 1 fi if ; then echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamaladevi
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird problem with cp command on a Synology

Hi. First post, and Linux newbie, so maybe I'm missing something obvious: I have a Synology NAS that is run by a Linux distribution (which?). I have had an external hard drive connected to the NAS for making backups using Synology's backup application Time Backup. Time Backup is based on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pokersut
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk weird problem.

awk 'BEGIN{print 1.2.3.4}' 1.20.30.4 Can anyone explain why has extra "0" in the IP address? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newoz
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird problem with join command

I have a weird issue going on with the join command... I have two files I am trying to join...here is a line from each file with the important parts marked in red: file1: /groupspace/ccops/cmis/bauwkrcn/commsamp_20140315.txt,1 file2:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbiggied
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird awk problem

Hi, I have a simple awk script: BEGIN{} { $a=$2-$1; print $a } END{if(NR==0){ print "0" } } to which I provide the following input 2.9 14 22.2 27 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies
talk(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   talk(1)

Name
       talk, otalk - talk to another user

Syntax
       talk person [ttyname]

otalk person [ttyname]

Description
       The command is a visual communication program which copies lines from your terminal to that of another user.

If  you	wish to talk to someone on your own machine, then person is just the person's login name. If you wish to talk to a user on another
       host, then person is of the form :
       host!user
	or
       host.user
	or
       host:user
	or
       user@host
       The form user@host is perhaps preferred.

If you want to talk to a user who is logged in more than once, the ttyname argument may be used to indicate the appropriate terminal name.

When first called, it sends the message
       Message from TalkDaemon@his_machine...
       talk: connection requested by your_name@your_machine.
       talk: respond with: talk your_name@your_machine

to the user you wish to talk to. At this point, the recipient of the message should reply by typing
       talk  your_name@your_machine

It doesn't matter from which machine the recipient replies, as long as his login-name is the same.  Once communication is established,  the
       two parties may type simultaneously, with their output appearing in separate windows.  Typing Ctrl-L will cause the screen to be reprinted,
       while your erase, kill, and word kill characters will work in talk as normal.  To exit, just type your interrupt character; then moves  the
       cursor to the bottom of the screen and restores the terminal.

Permission to talk may be denied or granted by use of the mesg command.	At the outset talking is allowed.  Certain commands, in particular
       and disallow messages in order to prevent messy output.

In order to use the program with machines on your network that may be running earlier versions of ULTRIX, you must initiate a session  with
       the  command (/usr/ucb/otalk) instead of the command You must also respond to a request from a machine running an older version of the pro-
       gram with the command. See the Restrictions section.

Examples
       The following example demonstrates how to use the command.  In this case, user1, whose system (system1) is running ULTRIX V2.2 initiates  a
       session with user2, whose system (system2) is running ULTRIX V3.0.  User1 types the following:
       system1> talk user2@system2
       The following message appears on the screen of user2:
       Message from Talk_Daemon@system2 at 12:37 ...
       talk: connection requested by user1@system1.
       talk: respond with:  otalk user1@system1
       To establish the connection user2 follows the instructions from the Talk_Daemon and types the following at the system prompt:
       system2> otalk user1@system1

Restrictions
       The  version  of  released  with ULTRIX V3.0 uses a protocol that is incompatible with the protocol used in earlier versions. Starting with
       ULTRIX V3.0, the program communicates with other machines running ULTRIX, V3.0 (and later), and machines running 4.3  BSD  or  versions	of
       UNIX based on 4.3 BSD.

The command is not 8-bit clean. Typing in DEC Multinational Characters (DECMCS) causes the characters to echo as a sequence of a carets (^)
       followed by the character represented with its high bit cleared. This limitation makes unusable if you want to communicate using a language
       which has DECMCS characters in its alphabet.

Files
       to find the recipient's machine

to find the recipient's tty

See Also
       mail(1), mesg(1), who(1), write(1), talkd(8c)

talk(1)