Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace a line content Post 302187344 by victorcheung on Monday 21st of April 2008 12:05:19 AM
Old 04-21-2008
Hi Frank,

The exact length between the Start Pattern,$Header:, and the End Pattern,pkm ship$, is fixed to 80 characters,

e.g.1:
$Header: FNDSCMON.fmb 115.6 2000/01/11 10:26:10........................pkm ship$

could be changed as :

$Header: FNDSCMON.fmb 115.7 2008/04/21 13:29:09........................pkm ship$

or, e.g.2:
Other Word $Header: FNDSCMON.fmb 115.6 2000/01/11 10:26:10........................pkm ship$

could be changed as :

Other Word $Header: FNDSCMON.fmb 115.7 2008/04/21 15:36:50........................pkm ship$

p.s. please replace the .... as whitespaces, multi whitespaces will be trunced when posted to this forum, so I use .... instead.

Many Thanks!
Victor Cheung

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a variable content

Hi, variable1="This is a car" Now I want to replace the content of variable1, "car" to "dog". Is there any simple command I can use. Thanks. Joseph (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josephwong
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace the content

Hi All,sorry for inconvience....please find the attachement for my question i am unable to paste the question here....please help me in slving thisthanksk.k (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search Parameter in first line and replace next line content

Hi, I need help. I have XML file as below <a n="infoLevel"> <v s="true"/> </a> <a n="localAddr"> <v s="server.host.com"/> </a> <a n="ListenPort"> <v s="21111"/> </a> I need to find variable "ListenPort" in line and then replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdtrivedi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading several files and summing their content line-by-line

Hey, I am gettin a bit crazy with my script. I have several input datas with the same name (5.ill) in different folders (daysim_01, daysim_02, etc.). The 4. column of each of the data has to be summed with each other and then hass to be written in one new file. So file1: 1 1 0 1 2 1 1 2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergy1983
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace data content

Format of one input file: # >length=1 seq program data 909 1992 seq program record 909 1190 Desired output result: # >length=1 length=1 program data 909 1992 length=1 program record 909 1190 I wanna to replace all the column 1 content (exclude the content start with "#") with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: replace content from file with the content from file

Hi, I am having trouble while using 'sed' with reading files. Please help. I have 3 files. File A, file B and file C. I want to find content of file B in file A and replace it by content in file C. Thanks a lot!! Here is a sample of my question. e.g. (file A: a.txt; file B: b.txt; file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace all the content within ()

Hi, Below is my input file : AAAG(12) TC(14) AACCCT(66) AACCCT(30) AACCCT(18) AACCCT(48) TCTG(12) TCTG(20) TCTG(16) AC(12) AC(12) TCTG(16) TCTG(12) AC(12) AC(12) AC(12) AC(26) AC(14) AGTG(12) AC(24) AGTG(12) TCC(12) Desired output : AAAG TC AACCCT AACCCT AACCCT AACCCT TCTG TCTG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql Content Replace

I have a wordpress site. I need add "post_title" to all my "post_content" mysql field. Thanks. my content: Free <b>Online Tips</b> output:Free post_title <b>Online Tips</b>: This code does not work: UPDATE wp_posts SET post_content = REPLACE ( post_content, 'Free <b>Online... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace comma with new line and repeat the content

Input file G A G A,T A C A G,T,C T C . . Desired Output file G A G A G T A C A G A T A C T C (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Content

Hello all ; ) I'got a file1 with a lot of emails like : fistname.lastname@domaine1.comAnd another file2 with emails like fistname.lastname@domaine2.ct.netI need a shell script that will read each line from the file1 and try to find if in file2 the fistname.lastname exist. If yes, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aswex
1 Replies
Vend::Ship::Postal(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Vend::Ship::Postal(3pm)

NAME
Vend::Ship::Postal -- Calculate US Postal service international rates SYNOPSIS
(in catalog.cfg) Database usps ship/usps.txt TAB Database air_pp ship/air_pp.txt TAB Database surf_pp ship/surf_pp.txt TAB (in shipping.asc) air_pp: US Postal Air Parcel crit weight min 0 max 0 cost e No shipping needed! at_least 4 adder 1 aggregate 70 table air_pp min 0 max 1000 cost s Postal min 70 max 9999999 cost e Too heavy for Air Parcel surf_pp: US Postal Surface Parcel crit weight min 0 max 0 cost e No shipping needed! at_least 4 adder 1 aggregate 70 table surf_pp min 0 max 1000 cost s Postal min 70 max 9999999 cost e Too heavy for Postal Parcel DESCRIPTION
Looks up a service zone by country in the "usps" table, then looks in the appropriate rate table for a price by that zone. Can aggregate shipments greater than 70 pounds by assuming you will ship multiple 70-pound packages (plus one package with the remainder). perl v5.14.2 2010-03-25 Vend::Ship::Postal(3pm)