Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding the total of a column using awk Post 302187328 by ironhead3fan on Sunday 20th of April 2008 09:02:11 PM
Old 04-20-2008
Forgot to mention that it can only be for all North American countries

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding greatest value in a column using awk from iostat output in linux

Friends, . On linux i have to run iostat command and in each iteration have to print the greatest value in each column. e.g iostat -dt -kx 2 2 | awk ' !/sd/ &&!/%util/ && !/Time/ && !/Linux/ {print $12}' 4.38 0.00 0.00 0.00 What i would like to print is only the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding greatest value in a column using awk from iostat output in linux

Friends, Need some help. On linux i have to run iostat command and in each iteration have to print the greatest value in each column. e.g iostat -dt -kx 2 2 | awk ' !/sd/ &&!/%util/ && !/Time/ && !/Linux/ {print $12}' 4.38 0.00 0.00 0.00 WHhat i would like to... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total Percentage CPU usage

Hi, How can I find total CPU usage in percentage? e.g. if my system has 8 CPUs and I want to list total usage for all of them, is it possible through a command? I have tried some of the commands like top, mpstat, sar. The output of those commands has to be manipulated to derive the percentage... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jal_capri
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on awk for finding the column number using a match word

Hi Guys, Please help me out in my situation of writing a shell script Exampl:I have a output like asnapply 1 2 3 apply_server=1 apply_schema=ASN asnapply 1 2 3 apply_server=2 apply_schema=ASN Now i need output like asnacmd applysever=1 applyschema=ASN stop asnacmd applysever=2... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallak
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk- comparing fields from the same column, finding discontinuities.

Hello, I have a file with two fields. The first field repeats itself for quite a while but the second field changes. What I want to do is to go through the first column until its value changes (and while it doesn't, verify that the second field is in a sequence from 0-15). Example input: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: acsg
13 Replies

6. AIX

Finding Total Memory Of VIO Server.

Hi, I would like to know how to find Total Memory of Vio Server? I have used command prtconf | grep Memory , though this command is showing allocated memory of vio server. But I would like to find out Total Memory of VIO Server, Though this can be find out using browser http://<ip address... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding out total memory usage

Hi, I have a server box with 16GB ram in it, within the server box there are 3 VMs running with a total allocation of 9GB. if I add up all the numbers under memory info using vmstat I get 15.8GB so I can say it adds up to 16Gb... Is there a way to see from the command line how much memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedhunt3r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total of 5th column using awk or any other utility in UNIX??

Hi I have this file which contains Al,AADESH,id1_0,23,2013-01-28,2,2 Al,AADESH,id1_0,23,2013-01-29,4,4 Al,AADESH,id1_0,23,2013-01-30,2,1 Al,AADESH,id1_0,31,2013-01-29,1,1 Al,AESH,id1_0,31,2013-01-31,2,2 Al,AESH,id2_2,23,2013-01-29,1,1 Al,AESH,id2_2,31,2013-01-31,1,1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total count of a word.

i want to find the no:of occurrences of a word in a file cat 1.txt unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix unix script unix script unix script now i want to find , how many times 'unix' was occurred please help me thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find total number of Special character in a column

How to find total number of special character in a column? I am using awk -f "," '$col_number "*$" {print $col_number}' file.csv|wc -l but its not giving correct output. It's giving output as 1 even though i give no special character? Please use code tags next time for your code and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AjitKumar
4 Replies
AUDIAL(1)						      General Commands Manual							 AUDIAL(1)

NAME
audial - generate or recognize touch tones for North American telephones SYNOPSIS
audial [-audio servername] [-volume 0-100] [-spacing milliseconds] [-pause milliseconds] [-duration milliseconds] dialstring audial -recognize [-microphone] [-gain 0-100] [-time seconds] DESCRIPTION
The audial program generates touch tones suitable for dialing a North American telephone. audial can also recognize touch tones and pro- duce the corresponding string. GENERAL OPTIONS
The following options may be used in either dial or recognition mode: -audio servername This option specifies the Network Audio System server on which the files should be played. DIAL OPTIONS
The following options may be used in dial mode: -volume 0-100 This option specifies the volume at which the data should be played as a percentage of the maximum possible volume. The default is 100 percent. -spacing milliseconds This option specifies the number of milliseconds to wait in between each digit. The default is 100. -pause milliseconds This option specifies the number of milliseconds to wait whenever a comma (,) is used in a dial string. The default is 400. -duration milliseconds This option specifies the duration of each tone in milliseconds. The default is 100. DIALING STRING
The following characters may be used in a dialing string: 0123456789*# The corresponding touch tone is generated. abcd Tones representing the 4 "function" keys often found on a keypad are generated. , A blank tone whose length is specified by the -pause option is generated. Any other characters are ignored. RECOGNITION OPTIONS
-recognize Enables recognition mode. audial will attempt to recognize touch tones from the input device and output the corresponding charac- ter. -microphone Use microphone gain levels on the audio input device. If a microphone is plugged into the audio input jack, this option should be used. -gain 0-100 This option specifies the input gain level. The default is 95. -time seconds This option specifies how long to attempt the recognition. The default is forever. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables are used by audial: AUDIOSERVER This specifies the name of default audio server to contact if no name is explicitly given on the command line. DISPLAY This specifies the name of an X Window System display that should be assumed to also have a corresponding Network Audio System server. SEE ALSO
nas(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1993, 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc. AUTHORS
Greg Renda, Network Computing Devices, Inc. Kevin Martin, Network Computing Devices, Inc. 1.9.3 AUDIAL(1)