Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to search content of file with timestamps in the directory Post 302187242 by psychobeauty on Sunday 20th of April 2008 01:50:32 PM
Old 04-20-2008
thanx for replying era!!!

but i am afraid this does not work.
i think that in the script that u write it checking throught files date..
what i want is to check throught files text content...
i have the traffic of my website... in a directory named traffic...
the traffic directory have files with each webpage ip that visit my website!!
so i want the script to be able to output me the ips that visit my website the date that i ask...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to edit the content of a file

Hi I need some help using shell script to edit a file. My original file has the following format: /txt/email/myemail.txt /txt/email/myemail2.txt /pdf/email/myemail.pdf /pdf/email/myemail2.pdf /doc/email/myemail.doc /doc/email/myemail2.doc I need to read each line. If the path is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger99
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to search a string and delete the content

Hi, I've a shell script e.g. #!/bin/bash echo "Enter the next hop id" read nhid echo "enter the IP address" read IP echo "enter the interface name" read name echo "enter the enable/disable state" read state exit 0 now from this script i want to search strings in another (.cam) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vic_mnnit
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Compare and search content in directory

Hello, How to search in directory by comparing some string with the content of directory. Ex: I want to compare abhi string with the content of backup directory. i.e want to check that is there any file in backup directory having name ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to remove some content in a file

How can I remove all data that contain domain e.g zzgh@something.com, sdd@something.com.my and gg@something.my in one file? so that i only have data without the domain in the file. Here is the file structure "test.out" more test.out 1 zzztop@b.com 1 zzzulll 1 zzzullll@s.com.my ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to build Shell Script to search content of a text file into a folder consist several files

Have to read one file say sourcefile containing several words and having another folder containing several files. Now read the first word of Sourcefile & search it into the folder consisting sevral files, and create another file with result. We hhave to pick the filename of the file in which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh.baranwal
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to search a pattern in a directory and output number of find counts

I need a Shell script which take two inputs which are 1) main directory where it has to search and 2) pattern to search within main directory all files (.c and .h files) It has to print number of pattern found in main directory & each sub directory. main dir --> Total pattern found = 5 |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivignesh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search lines between two timestamps in a file

I have a log file where every line starts with a time stamp. I have to extract lines from the file within a given time stamp. For example: IF the file is like this: 2012-08-19 10:34:03,446|WebContainer : 56|OrderHeaderDaoImpl|findByKeys|26| 2012-08-20 11:34:03,463|WebContainer :... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinalluri
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process file from a directory and grep the required content and print

Hi All, below script reads the perticular files from the directory. Am trying to fetch status and print them in the required format. It needs to read line and search for string "Passed/Failed" and print them under correct sub header. script : BASE_DIR=/tmp/test/REPORT/CollectReport #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor new file in a directory and mail the file content

Hi I am looking for a help in designing a bash script on linux which can do below:- 1) Look in a specific directory for any new files 2) Mail the content of the new file Appreciate any help Regards Neha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha0785
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search lines between two timestamps in a file

Hi, I want to pull lines between two timestamps from a file. When I just insert values directly it is working fine. sed -n '/2014-02-14 05:30/,/2014-02-14 05:31/p' Logfile When I try to insert variable it is not working. sed -n '/TZ=GMT+1 date +%Y-%m-%d" "%H:%M:%S/,/TZ=GMT date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
2 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)