Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thread questions
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Thread questions Post 302187006 by Perderabo on Friday 18th of April 2008 05:00:35 PM
Old 04-18-2008
You should see a little box on the right labelled "rate this thread". Any member can rate a thread. If your problem is solved a final post saying so is good form. But someone else may still have a followup question, so in general we do not close old threads. And we do not have an automated point system here.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3 homework questions (thread closed)

1st) how can i print only directories? 2nd) how can i print files that someone used in the last X days (for example, 5). thanks very much, i need it for homework and teacher teachs us nothing:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SupErioR
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Interview questions [thread closed]

Hi all, i have found a set questions from the net, i thought it will be great to ask and share with you gurus. I have the questions and some answers (correct me, if i am wrong) for these set of questions. 1. What file do you modify to change the mail aliases (Provide the full path) ? Ans:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingston
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies
PTHREAD_SELF(3) 					     Linux Programmer's Manual						   PTHREAD_SELF(3)

NAME
pthread_self - obtain ID of the calling thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> pthread_t pthread_self(void); Compile and link with -pthread. DESCRIPTION
The pthread_self() function returns the ID of the calling thread. This is the same value that is returned in *thread in the pthread_cre- ate(3) call that created this thread. RETURN VALUE
This function always succeeds, returning the calling thread's ID. ERRORS
This function always succeeds. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
POSIX.1 allows an implementation wide freedom in choosing the type used to represent a thread ID; for example, representation using either an arithmetic type or a structure is permitted. Therefore, variables of type pthread_t can't portably be compared using the C equality operator (==); use pthread_equal(3) instead. Thread identifiers should be considered opaque: any attempt to use a thread ID other than in pthreads calls is nonportable and can lead to unspecified results. Thread IDs are only guaranteed to be unique within a process. A thread ID may be reused after a terminated thread has been joined, or a detached thread has terminated. The thread ID returned by pthread_self() is not the same thing as the kernel thread ID returned by a call to gettid(2). SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3), pthread_equal(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-10-24 PTHREAD_SELF(3)