Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LUN mapping
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers LUN mapping Post 302186895 by user23 on Friday 18th of April 2008 11:28:02 AM
Old 04-18-2008
anyone have any advice on where to find out?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem mapping LUN disk from VIOS to the LPAR

Hello guys, It would be so nice of you if someone can provide me with these informations. 1) My SAN group assigned 51G of LUN space to the VIO server.I ran cfgdev to discover the newly added LUN. Unfortunately most of the disks that are in VIO server is 51G. How would I know which is the newly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Mapping LUN id in Hex to h/w path

Hi Everyone.. For HP-UX B.11.11-when new storage is allocated, i want to correlate the "ioscan -funC disk" o/p like, disk 1110 0/0/8/0/0.97.49.19.0.9.4 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE EMC SYMMETRIX /dev/dsk/c103t9d4 /dev/rdsk/c103t9d4 and so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
3 Replies

3. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

port mapping

Hello to all! I am new to this interesting forum. My questions is not totally related to unix/linux systems, but I am not finding proper place where to make my question and this forum seems to be visited by experts and unix/linux experts are epxerts in everything My ISP has two kinds of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kallquk
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Key Mapping

Hi All i am a tad stuck i am trying to map alt gr key so that it acts as a Alt key i tried xmodmap but it went very wrong and it disabled both alt gr and alt key thanks Adam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

drive mapping

What is the eqiuvalent of /dev/dsk/rdsk in linux vs Solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mapping two files

I have a large comma delimited file from which i have to extract a specific column, compare it against a static file and replace the column value with the matching column from the static file. The following are the files: Main file: mainfile.csv test1234,,real,,,,open,,,,EU,,,,23/03/2012... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help With Mapping machine

Hi All, I need an urgent assistance please . My case below: I have a list of 500 IP addresses. All These ip addresses are mapped/connected to different machine kinds : NT, Linux, Switch, Router ,FW, and so on. My Requirement is to filter from all this ip address only the Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Stone
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Many to many -- mapping

INPUT 13333--TEXT1 14444--TEXT2 13333--TEXT3 12233--TEXT5 14444--TEXT5 12233--TEXT1 12222--TEXT5 13333--TEXT09 what I'm looking for is something using awk arrays with below given output. 14444--TEXT2,TEXT5 13333--TEXT1,TEXT3,TEXT09 12233--TEXT5,TEXT1 12222--TEXT5 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
6 Replies
posix_fadvise(2)						System Calls Manual						  posix_fadvise(2)

NAME
posix_fadvise(), posix_fadvise64() - file advisory information SYNOPSIS
Parameters fd The open file descriptor to which the fadvise operation applies. offset The begining of the specified range as a positive, byte offset. len The length of the specified range in bytes. advice Specifies advice to be applied to range. DESCRIPTION
The function is used to advise the system about the expected behavior of the application with respect to the data in the file associated with the open file descriptor, fd, starting at offset and continuing for len bytes. The specified range need not currently exist in the file. If len is zero, all data following offset is specified. It should be noted that the effect of all hints is cumulative for a given file object. All hints will be removed on processing the last close of the file object. The function may be used for large file access by a 32-bit application built with set to 64. The advice parameter is used to convey the hint to be applied to the data and may be one of the following values: Specifies that the application has no advice to give on its behavior with respect to the specified data. It is the default characteristic if no advice is given for an open file. Specifies that the application expects to access the specified range of data sequentially from the lower offsets to higher offsets. Specifies that the application will expect to access the specified specified range of data in a random order. Specifies that the application will expect to access the specified range of data in the near future. Specifies that the application will expect that it will not access the specified range of data in the near future. Specifies that the application will expect to access the specified range of data once and then not reuse it thereafter. These values will be defined in RETURN VALUE
Successful completion. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the service fails, is set to one of the following values: The fd argument is not a valid file descriptor. The fd argument is associated with a pipe or FIFO. The posix_fadvise operation is not supported by the underlying file system. The value of advice or one of the other input values has been found to be invalid. A designated hint is not supported by the underlying file object. EXAMPLES
AUTHOR
was derived by HP from the IEEE POSIX 1003.1-2001 Standard. SEE ALSO
fadvise(2), fcntl(2), fadvise(5), fcntl(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
posix_fadvise(2)