Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thread questions
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Thread questions Post 302186879 by gsander on Friday 18th of April 2008 10:31:30 AM
Old 04-18-2008
Thread questions

I created a thread a couple of days ago and received some help - now I have some questions about general forum use. 1) I see that somehow the thread was rated and there are some stars by it. What does this mean and who rated it? 2) Should I resolve the thread when I am finished with it? 3) Does the person who helped me accumultae points or anything like that?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3 homework questions (thread closed)

1st) how can i print only directories? 2nd) how can i print files that someone used in the last X days (for example, 5). thanks very much, i need it for homework and teacher teachs us nothing:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SupErioR
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Interview questions [thread closed]

Hi all, i have found a set questions from the net, i thought it will be great to ask and share with you gurus. I have the questions and some answers (correct me, if i am wrong) for these set of questions. 1. What file do you modify to change the mail aliases (Provide the full path) ? Ans:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingston
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies
pthread_kill(3T)														  pthread_kill(3T)

NAME
pthread_kill() - send a signal to a thread SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread to which the signal is to be delivered. sig Signal to be delivered to thread. DESCRIPTION
The function is used to request that a signal be delivered to thread. The signal is asynchronously directed to thread in the calling process. The signal is handled in the context of the given thread; if the signal action results in the thread terminating or stopping, this action is applied to the whole process. If sig is zero, error checking is performed but a signal is not sent. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] sig is an invalid or unsupported signal number. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
kill(2), sigaction(2), pthread_self(3T), raise(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_kill(3T)