Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing problem Post 302186733 by Sushir03 on Friday 18th of April 2008 02:19:21 AM
Old 04-18-2008
Parsing

I read the line "xyx","asdfsd","qweerqw_adfad"

from a input text file, i need to separate out the data from this single string into separate variables like

"xyx"
"asdfsd"
"qweerqw_adfad"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing problem with script

I'm trying to parse the variables out of a comma delimited expression, but i'm having trouble with script: num_var=1 while do a=`echo "a=7, b=8, c=9" | awk '{print $num_var}' | cut -d= -f2` b=`echo $a | cut -d, -f1` echo $b num_var=`expr $num_var + 1`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike@freddiemac
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing problem

I need help with a problem that I have not been able to figure out. I have a file that is about 650K lines. Records are seperated by blank lines, fields seperated by new lines. I was trying to make a report that would add up 2 fields and associate them with a CP. example output would be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

I need to separate out the contents in the string "xyz","1233","cm_asdfasdf" as xyz,1233,cm_asdfasdf Can anyone help me on this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sushir03
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

Hi, i need to parse a string which looks like this "xyz","1233","cm_asdfasdf" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sushir03
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing textfile problem with cut

Hi, I have a textfile with several lines like this: text num: USER text (num) num num I need all these stuff. Problem is, how to get these stuff after ":". USER is a username and all chars are possible, even whitespace. So I cant use cut. Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcW
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Problem

Hi all, I am having problems parsing the following file: cat mylist one,two,three four five,six My goal is to get each number on a seperate line. one two three four five six I tried this command: sed -e 's/\,/^M/g' mylist (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob11g
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

Hello, I have a similar problem so I continue this thread. I have: my_script_to_format_nicely_bdf.sh | grep "RawData" |tr -s ' '|cut -d' ' -f 4|tr -d '%' So it supposed to return the percentage used of RawData FS: 80 (Want to use it in a alert script) However I also have a RawData2 FS so... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem parsing args

Heya Tooltip: Parsing (getopts) for -u successfully sets mode=umnt, but case umnt is not executed, instead it either executes/show help or regular mount screen. I had copy pasted the structure of a getopts 'structure' from Man Page for getopts (posix Section 1) - The UNIX and Linux Forums... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sea
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem parsing

Hi, I want to fetch a text.Clipping. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing problem

Hello fellow unix geeks, I am having a small dilemna trying to parse a log file I have. Below is a sample of what it will look like: MY_TOKEN1(group) TOKEN(other)|SSID1 MY_TOKEN2(group, group2)|SSID2 What I need to do is only keep the MY_TOKEN pieces and where there are multiple... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
7 Replies
Tcl_UpVar(3)						      Tcl Library Procedures						      Tcl_UpVar(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_UpVar, Tcl_UpVar2 - link one variable to another SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_UpVar(interp, frameName, sourceName, destName, flags) int Tcl_UpVar2(interp, frameName, name1, name2, destName, flags) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter containing variables; also used for error reporting. const char *frameName (in) Identifies the stack frame containing source variable. May have any of the forms accepted by the upvar command, such as #0 or 1. const char *sourceName (in) Name of source variable, in the frame given by frameName. May refer to a scalar variable or to an array variable with a parenthesized index. const char *destName (in) Name of destination variable, which is to be linked to source variable so that references to destName refer to the other variable. Must not currently exist except as an upvar-ed variable. int flags (in) One of TCL_GLOBAL_ONLY, TCL_NAMESPACE_ONLY or 0; if non-zero, then destName is a global or namespace variable; otherwise it is local to the current procedure (or current namespace if no procedure is active). const char *name1 (in) First part of source variable's name (scalar name, or name of array without array index). const char *name2 (in) If source variable is an element of an array, gives the index of the element. For scalar source vari- ables, is NULL. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_UpVar and Tcl_UpVar2 provide the same functionality as the upvar command: they make a link from a source variable to a destination variable, so that references to the destination are passed transparently through to the source. The name of the source variable may be specified either as a single string such as xyx or a(24) (by calling Tcl_UpVar) or in two parts where the array name has been separated from the element name (by calling Tcl_UpVar2). The destination variable name is specified in a single string; it may not be an array ele- ment. Both procedures return either TCL_OK or TCL_ERROR, and they leave an error message in the interpreter's result if an error occurs. As with the upvar command, the source variable need not exist; if it does exist, unsetting it later does not destroy the link. The desti- nation variable may exist at the time of the call, but if so it must exist as a linked variable. KEYWORDS
linked variable, upvar, variable Tcl 7.4 Tcl_UpVar(3)