Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf Post 302186620 by ramen_noodle on Thursday 17th of April 2008 03:01:27 PM
Old 04-17-2008
man snmpconf?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmptrapd.conf

Hi All Can anybody tell me how to configure snmptrapd.conf ? Thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeenat
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring syslog.conf in a TRU64 UNIX machine

Dear all I want to redirect the logs of the syslog of a tru64 unix machine in a log and event monitoring tool installed in another server. In the syslog.conf i have appended *.*@<server_name> at the end, where <server_name> is the name of the machine on which the reporting tool is running. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adak2010
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmptrapd.conf

i tried this to get snmptrapd.conf bt unable... # snmpconf The following installed configuration files were found: 1: /etc/snmp/snmp.conf 2: /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf 3: /usr/share/snmp/snmp.conf 4: /usr/share/snmp/snmpd.conf Would you like me to read them in? Their... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeenat
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

SD.conf and LPFC.conf

What would be Redhat RHEL 4.0 equivalent for Solaris sd.conf and lpfc.conf? What are the files called and where are the files located? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

5. Solaris

basic question on sd.conf and lpc.conf file

Hello Guys, Do we need to configure this file only if we add SAN disk or even if we add local disk, do we need to modify? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Proper permission /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

Hi All, I'm hardening my linux. And I came across with this file. /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf It's current mod is 644 with root:root ownership and group. Can I make this 640 without hurting the OS? Meaning no public read access. Does other resources need to read to it? Thanks and more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logOption warning in snmptrapd.conf

Hi, trying to get snmp traps logged in /var/log/messages. I put this option in snmptrapd.conf: logOption Ls d then restarting the snmptrad daemon I got this warning: Unknown token: logoption. and server is not logging traps. Starting snmptrapd manually works, traps are logged.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutrino
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Configuring syslog.conf

Hi, I would like to configure syslog linux client, syslog server is windows server. so adding on linux client in /etc/syslog.conf @hostname will work in the place of directory location. example of /etc/syslog.conf # Log all kernel messages to the console. # Logging much else clutters up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to update rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf

Hello all, Newbie here. I'm currently tasked with updating rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf on a large set of servers. I know the exact logging configurations that I want to enable. I have updated both files on on a server and hope to use the updated files as a template for the rest of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mide
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf

Hi, I've installed Solaris 11.3(live media) and configured DNS. Everytime I reboot the server, resolv.conf got deleted and it created a new nsswitch.conf. I used below to configure both settings: # svccfg -s dns/client svc:/network/dns/client> setprop config/nameserver = (xx.xx.xx.aa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flexihopper18
1 Replies
SNMPCONF(1)							     Net-SNMP							       SNMPCONF(1)

NAME
snmpconf - creates and modifies SNMP configuration files SYNOPSIS
snmpconf [OPTIONS] [fileToCreate] Start with: snmpconf -g basic_setup Or even just: snmpconf DESCRIPTION
snmpconf is a simple Perl script that walks you through setting up a configuration file step by step. It should be fairly straight forward to use. Merely run it and answer its questions. In its default mode of operation, it prompts the user with menus showing sections of the various configuration files it knows about. When the user selects a section, a sub-menu is shown listing of the descriptions of the tokens that can be created in that section. When a description is selected, the user is prompted with questions that construct the configuration line in question. Finally, when the user quits the program any configuration files that have been edited by the user are saved to the local directory, fully commented. A particularly useful option is the -g switch, which walks a user through a specific set of configuration questions. Run: snmpconf -g basic_setup for an example. OPTIONS
-f Force overwriting existing files in the current directory without prompting the user if this is a desired thing to do. -i When finished, install the files into the location where the global system commands expect to find them. -p When finished, install the files into the users home directory's .snmp subdirectory (where the applications will also search for configuration files). -I DIRECTORY When finished, install the files into the directory DIRECTORY. -a Don't ask any questions. Simply read in the various known configuration files and write them back out again. This has the effect of "auto-commenting" the configuration files for you. See the NEAT TRICKS section below. -rall|none Read in either all or none of the found configuration files. Normally snmpconf prompts you for which files you wish to read in. Reading in these configuration files will merge these files with the results of the questions that it asks of you. -R FILE,... Read in a specific list of configuration files. -g GROUPNAME Groups of configuration entries can be created that can be used to walk a user through a series of questions to create an initial configuration file. There are no menus to navigate, just a list of questions. Run: snmpconf -g basic_setup for a good example. -G List all the known groups. -c CONFIGDIR snmpconf uses a directory of configuration information to learn about the files and questions that it should be asking. This option tells snmpconf to use a different location for configuring itself. -q Run slightly more quietly. Since this is an interactive program, I don't recommend this option since it only removes information from the output that is designed to help you. -d Turn on lots of debugging output. -D Add even more debugging output in the form of Perl variable dumps. NEAT TRICKS
snmpconf -g basic_setup Have I mentioned this command enough yet? It's designed to walk someone through an initial setup for the snmpd(8) daemon. Really, you should try it. snmpconf -R /usr/local/snmp/snmpd.conf -a -f snmpd.conf Automatically reads in an snmpd.conf file (for example) and adds comments to them describing what each token does. Try it. It's cool. NOTES
snmpconf is actually a very generic utility that could be easily configured to help construct just about any kind of configuration file. Its default configuration set of files are SNMP based. SEE ALSO
snmpd(8), snmp_config(5), snmp.conf(5), snmpd.conf(5) 4th Berkeley Distribution 08 Feb 2002 SNMPCONF(1)