Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .netrc and ftp
Operating Systems AIX .netrc and ftp Post 302186558 by magikalpnoi on Thursday 17th of April 2008 01:58:05 PM
Old 04-17-2008
That's a no go. Still causes the same error...Any other suggestions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.netrc multiple ftp jobs to same machine

I have an ftp user, which has been setup to run ftp jobs to a specific machine (different jobs). for the first job i created .netrc in the ftp users home directory and added the appropriate commands machine FTPBOX01 login user1 password xxx macdef init etc etc get file bye I use the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in .netrc

Hi, I would like to ask if the .netrc file should really be stored/placed in the /home/<userid> directory or in the home directory indicated by the uinfo command? I am currently having problems with a .netrc file which is owned by a id which has it's home directory pointed to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edu_escandor
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.netrc and ftp issue

Ok guys (gals?) Im new here as a member, but have come here many times to find answers to questions. Have played with Unix (ATT Sys 5) and now Linux (RH)... I told myself I wanst going to ask for help on the current project..but.. I am down to what I think is the last issue: (and I KNOW the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: txdave
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP/nmap/.netrc

So... I'm trying to script and FTP Backup of some files from openVMS Alpha machine to a Unixware 7 machine. I decided to use .netrc to do all the FTP actions however when I send the nmap command. It pretty much gets ignored while even other things such "ascii", "case" etc.. get respected... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thesubmitter
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

6. AIX

.netrc and Automatic ftp problem

Guy's We have two AIX servers Server1 and Server2 and we have created user1 in Server1 and Server2 ... and .netrc file was confiured under /home/user1 with the below line machine server2 login user1 password abc1234567 -rw------- 1 user1 staff 159 Sep 28 2004 .netrc ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating ftp without .netrc

I'm writing a script which needs to run under an 'automation' account and there is already a .netrc machine definition for the server I need to connect to. If I create a new machine entry in the .netrc with a different account this will, of course, be ignored and the ftp session will connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakS
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performing Batch ftp without .netrc

How can I supply the userID/password when executing FTP in the batch mode? Using .netrc is not an option (prohibited per Corporate Policy). Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: compaamat
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in .netrc file for ftp login

Hi, i have a doubt. i am using .netrc file for login to a ftp server. ftp abc.ftp.com suppose i have 2 userid and password for the same server as shown below. which one is it going to read from the .netrc file? cat .netrc machine abc.ftp.com login admin1 password pass1 machine... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying port for ftp when using .netrc

Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to specify a particular port for an FTP address within a .netrc file ? i have a script which opens the ftp to a machine and then instigates .netrc to login etc.. within .netrc i need it to go to a particular port to enable me to automate the dropping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forefather1977
2 Replies
WRITETYPE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      WRITETYPE(1)

NAME
WriteType - application designed to help students write more easily SYNOPSIS
writetype [OPTION] ... FILE DESCRIPTION
WriteType is a simple word processor designed to help young students write more easily and accurately. It offers spelling suggestions as students type, making the process easier and less frustrating. It also provides the ability to read back text through either an eSpeak or a Festival backend. In addition, there are special tools for teachers, and the entire application is easily translatable.1 WriteType is Free Software / Open Source, and is released under the GNU GPL license. OPTIONS
-l, --lang Set the language for this session -t, --tts-engine Set the tts engine for this session. Changes in the settings during this session will override this. -?, --help Display this help and exit FEATURES
Word Completion - As students type, word suggestions appear on the right-hand side of the screen to complete the word being typed. Click- ing on the desired word will finish the word. WriteType will also learn a student's habits over time and make more relevant suggestions based on what has already been written. Reading Back the Document - WriteType will read back written text, allowing students to catch errors they may not have caught reading it back themselves. Highlighting - Sections of the document can be quickly highlighted while typing or while listening to the document being read back. This lets students quickly flag areas they need to go back and review. Grammar checking - WriteType will underline simple grammar and formatting mistakes in the document, and offer to make the necessary revi- sion. Auto-correction - Common errors, such as typing isnt instead of isn't, will be corrected automatically without the need for intervention. Distraction-free mode If the typist has difficulty maintaining concentration while typing, distraction-free mode is an alternative inter- face that displays full screen and only includes the text box and the list of completions. Add a list of custom words In some situations, the default list of words is not sufficient, so the system allows the user to add new ones. Even if the words already exist in the list of words, adding them will bring them to the top of the list of suggestions. AUTHOR
WriteType was made by Max Shinn <max@bernsteinforpresident.com> SEE ALSO
You can find more information at http://writetype.bernsteinforpresident.com/ BUGS
Probably. 1.2.130 WRITETYPE(1)