Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to Redirect the error messages from Syslog file to our own Application Log File Post 302186555 by shamrock on Thursday 17th of April 2008 01:44:10 PM
Old 04-17-2008
Question Syslog.h file

Is there a non-standard syslog.h header file that the Pro*C program is using? The one that is included with the OS is in the "/usr/include" directory. Can you attach the source code of the Pro*C program.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirect standard error into log file

Hi, I am new in shell scripting. Can anyone point out what wrong of below script. If I want the error output to "sqlerror.log" and database pool data output to "bulk_main.dat". Right now, the below script, if successful execute, the data will output to bulk_main.dat && sqlerror.log both... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: epall
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect output to log file

hello all, I'm invoking the program generate-report using backticks from my perl program and redirecting the output to the log file sge-stderr.log. But when i check the process using ps command it is spawing two processes where the below code is parent process and the program generate-report as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyanraj
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Real time log file redirect

Hi all, i would like to write the shell script program, it can monitor the access_log "real time" when the access_log writing the line contain "abcdef" the program will be "COPY" this line into a file named "abcdef.txt", do the same thing if the contain "123456" "COPY" it into a file named... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect errors to log file

I am working on a generic script that will run a shell script with the arguments passed and redirect errors to one file, and all other output to another file. Then if there is anything in the error file it emails the error to me, otherwise it exits. The advantage for this approach is that I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to redirect the growing contents of log file to another file in unix

how to redirect the growing contents of log file to another file in unix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending error messages from log file next to the corresponding error record

Hi Everyone, I have an issue and trying to get a solution but was not succesful yet. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am using ksh to inoke sql loader to load data from txt file into two oracle tables based on the condition written in the control file. If an error occurs while loading into... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in search the error messages from log file

Hi, My log file has error messages, universal no and universal ID. The problem is i have to search Universal ID from the error messages. But the log file write error messages with universal no and error messages in one line. and universal no with universal ID in other line. So i write two loops... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjlotiya
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to Redirect Output To Log File?

I have the below script, but when i execute it is still printing to screen is there a way i can stop this and just print everything to the log file. Thank you. #!/bin/bash exec > >(tee "/var/log/ScriptLogs/called_from_incrontab.log") 2>&1 DIR="$1" FILE="$2" echo "STEP 1: Datafile... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syslog Messages from Remote Server are not writing to Log File Anymore

Hello All, Server: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.3 (x86_64) Syslog-ng Version: syslog-ng 2.0.9 We have configured a Cisco router to send it's log messages to this server listed above. This has been working just perfectly for the last couple months, but we had never setup the log... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
9 Replies

10. Ubuntu

How redirect syslog message to a specified file?

Hello to everyone! I have a question about syslog. I want put the messages of log in a particular file but really i don't know how to do that or i don't get the results that I want. I do this: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <syslog.h> int main (void) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kovalevski
4 Replies
EX(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						     EX(4)

NAME
ex -- Ethernet device driver for the Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 and Pro/10+ SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ex Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_ex_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ex driver provides support for Ethernet adapters based on the Intel i82595 chip. On the ISA bus, the card will be searched for in the I/O address range 0x200 - 0x3a0. The IRQ will be read from the EEPROM on the card. For correct operation Plug-N-Play support should be disabled. On the PC Card bus, the card will be automatically recognized and configured. HARDWARE
The ex driver supports the following Ethernet adapters: o Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 ISA o Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ ISA o Olicom OC2220 Ethernet PC Card o Olicom OC2232 Ethernet/Modem PC Card o Silicom Ethernet LAN PC Card o Silicom EtherSerial LAN PC Card DIAGNOSTICS
ex%d: Intel EtherExpress Pro/10, address %6D, connector %s The device probe found an installed card, and was able to correctly install the device driver. ex%d: WARNING: board's EEPROM is configured for IRQ %d, using %d The device probe detected that the board is configured for a different interrupt than the one specified in the kernel configuration file. ex%d: invalid IRQ. The device probe detected an invalid IRQ setting. SEE ALSO
arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The ex device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. AUTHORS
The ex device driver was written by Javier Martin Rueda. The PC Card attachment was written by Mitsuru ISAWAKI and Warner Losh. This manual page was written by David E. O'Brien. BUGS
Currently the driver does not support multicast. The Silicom EtherSerial card's serial port does not currently work. The Olicom OC2232 PC Card should work with the ex driver, but is cur- rently completely broken. BSD
July 16, 2005 BSD