Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ./runInstaller : syntax error at line 2 Post 302186466 by Sunb3 on Thursday 17th of April 2008 10:02:56 AM
Old 04-17-2008
# isainfo -kv
64-bit sparcv9 kernel modules
# file runInstaller
runInstaller: executable shell script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error on line 1, teletype

Hi There, I have a cron script that returns the error: syntax error on line 1, teletype Has any one seen this, know what it is, or know's how to get rid of it? Thanks, Jeremy. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KokoPops
1 Replies

2. Programming

sh: syntax error at line 1: `>' unexpected

I compiled C program under SUN OS sparcv9 ...I had a problem related to SIGBUS which has been resolved by adding an option to the CC compiler which is memory alignement option ..-memalign=1i as I remmber ...after running the program I got the below error please let me KNow more details what should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error at line 28: `(' unexpected

hi can anyone pls look into this....shell script... Pls find the error below: > sh -n tmp tmp: syntax error at line 28: `(' unexpected isql -Usa -S$1 -P`grep $1 dbpassword|cut -d ":" -f3` -w2000 -b<<! set nocount on declare @i int declare @dbname char(6) declare @tmp int if... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekar.y
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syntax error at line 8: `(' unexpected

Hi I am having a shell script load_data.sh which calls /home/users/project/.profile. When am executing the script, am getting below error: $sh -x bin/load_data.sh null + . /home/users/project/.profile bin/load_data.sh: syntax error at line 8: `(' unexpected The line which is throwing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brijesh.dixit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error at line 11 : `for' is not matched.

hi , while running this script i am getting below error: Syntax error at line 11 : `for' is not matched. here is program: #! /bin/ksh sqlplus -s << !+! user/password update GR_SUB_SCRIPT_PC set act_del_ind='0'; commit; exit; !+! cd /home/salunke/pvcsfiles/source_files for i in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: digambar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ERROR: ./launch_full_backup.sh[18]: Syntax error at line 28 : `else' is not expected.

Help please! :confused: I have the following error with the following file and the emails are not arriving to the email, any idea please? ERROR: ./launch_full_backup.sh: Syntax error at line 28 : `else' is not expected. FECHA=`date +%d%m%y%H%M`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: villenan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sh: syntax error at line 8 : `<<' is not matched.

Hi, I am trying to execute the above attached script. and i am getting the error as syntax error at line 8: `<<' is not matched. While i am trying to run that particular line (cat <<EOF > /tmp/query.sql) independently in the prompt it is running successfully without any error. I am running... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile: syntax error at line 1

I am able to 'Make' some of projects's modules using GNU's make except one where it throws me the following error gmake -f Makefile /bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `if' unexpected gmake: *** Error 2 I am sure it has nothing to do with the Makefile as there is no 'if' in the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudsa
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error at line 24: `(' unexpected

Hi, I am getting an wired error.... the script is running fine when i run it manually... but the same when i try to run in nohup mode, i am getting error if Error: syntax error at line 24: `(' unexpected The above if is the 24th line!!! I dont understand the error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithz
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)