Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read a specific section and modify within Post 302186410 by krishmaths on Thursday 17th of April 2008 07:04:29 AM
Old 04-17-2008
sed solution

Code:
sed '/Page Number:1/,/End of Page 1/ s/150/1500/g'  filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

kernel:how to modify and read the tick rate:HZ

hi, one of our customer is facing an issue with jiffies wrap up. on a 32 bit machine, the variable jiffies count upto 472 days. the customer's server was up for 472 days ('uptime') and to reproduce the same, i tried to change the variable HZ in linux-2.6..23.9/include/asm-i386/param.h from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use sed modify specific lines

Could anybody tell me how I can use sed to modify lines following specific lines? the file is as following: "TEST/SI1573.lab" 3670 8920 h# 8920 9530 hh 9530 10694 ih . "TEST/DR1/FAKS0/SI2203.lab" 9730 9580 h# 9580 9840 dh 9840 10652 ix 10652 11997 r ........ I want to modify the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Specific Line of a Text File

Given a text file, how do you add a line of text after a specific line number? I believe I would want to use "sed" but I am unsure of the syntax. Thank you. Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from .csv file through shell script & modify

I need to read data from a file called "test.csv" through shell script where the file contains values like name,price,descriptor etc. There are rows where descriptor (& in some rows name) are written as string & other characters like "car_+" OR "bike*" etc where it should contains strings like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read section of file and take decision

Hi, My requirement is that I've to read a config file having below info Oracle number|double;integer -> user can put multiple values here blob|binary varchar2|string varchar|string number(p,s)|decimal timestamp|date/time and so on .... Sybase bigint|bigint datetime|date/time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to read a specific line and a specific field on that line.

Say the input was as follows: Brat 20 x 1000 32rf Pour 15 p 1621 05pr Dart 10 z 1111 22xx My program prompts for an input, what I want is to use the input to locate a specific field. Like if I type in, "Pou" then it would return "Pour" and just "Pour" I currently have this line but it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bungkai
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to get specific section of lines in logs

i have a log file that has the date and time that looks like this: Wed Jun 28 15:46:21 2012 test failed tailed passed passed not error panic what we want to focus on is the first 5 columns because they contain the date and time. the date and time can be anywhere on the line. in this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a lines to specific section of the file.

Hello, I have to a add 2 lines to /etc/sudoers file under this section below, can someone please suggest script to add these two lines when execute this remotely on to a multiple servers. before ## Allow root to run any commands anywhere root ALL=(ALL) ALL After ## Allow root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

C++ Attempting to modify this function to read from a (;) semi-colon-separated file

After some thought. I am uncomfortable issuing my professors name where, there may be unintended side effects from any negative responses/feedback. Willing to re post if I can omit school / professor publicly, but can message moderator for validation? I am here for knowledge and understanding,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
1 Replies
MINCORE(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							MINCORE(2)

NAME
mincore -- determine residency of memory pages SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/mman.h> int mincore(caddr_t addr, size_t len, char *vec); DESCRIPTION
The mincore() system call allows a process to obtain information about whether pages are core resident. The current core residency of the pages is returned in the character array vec. For each entry in the character array vec, the following bit values may be set depending upon the state of the page: MINCORE_INCORE 0x1 /* Page is incore */ MINCORE_REFERENCED 0x2 /* Page has been referenced by us */ MINCORE_MODIFIED 0x4 /* Page has been modified by us */ MINCORE_REFERENCED_OTHER 0x8 /* Page has been referenced */ MINCORE_MODIFIED_OTHER 0x10 /* Page has been modified */ RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
[EINVAL] addr is not a valid address for user mode. [EFAULT] an error occurred trying to copy to the output character array vec. SEE ALSO
madvise(2), minherit(2), mlock(2), mprotect(2), msync(2), munmap(2) HISTORY
The mincore() function first appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
June 9, 1993 BSD