Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need help in building gcc on solaris. Post 302186408 by jlliagre on Thursday 17th of April 2008 07:00:38 AM
Old 04-17-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalina.hv
As I have already mentioned in my first post, gcc is not installed on the new server.
There is no mention of that statement on your first post.
Moreover, unless I misunderstand where you are running these commands, there is evidence of the opposite given the fact configure finds gcc on your Solaris 10 machine.
Quote:
I have only copied all files from old server to new server. But just copying it didn't work.
Yes, this is to be expected as these are different OS releases.
Quote:
I couldn't build any perl packages with this copied one. So I need to install it. Please help.
I believe gcc is already installed.
What says "pkginfo -l SUNWgcc" ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Building cdrkit on Solaris 8 generates a linker problem

I'm trying to build cdrkit-1.1.9 but have the same problem with 1.1.6 as well. The reason I need cdrkit is that it has an extended Joilet that mkisofs doesn't have but if anyone has another program that can provide this that might be a work around I can use. The problem I'm having is when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dxk3355
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Difficulty building gcc 4.4.0 -- builds but fails abi_check

I'm trying to build gcc 4.4.0 in 64-bit (x86_64) Ubuntu 9.04, but make check fails. Specifically, make -k check-target gives (after many other pages of output): Running /home/charles/Desktop/gccsrc/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/libstdc++-abi/abi.exp ... FAIL: abi_check Running... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
10 Replies

3. Red Hat

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and toolchain

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and tool chain Hello, I am trying to build a cross GCC compiler for PPC476. I applied all the relevant patches. Cross compiler build was successful. When i try to compile the source code using the cross compiler i am getting the below error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghuhb
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and tool chain

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and tool chain Hello, I am trying to build a cross GCC compiler for PPC476. I applied all the relevant patches. Cross compiler build was successful. When i try to compile the source code using the cross compiler i am getting the below error... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Linux

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and tool chain

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and tool chain Hello, I am trying to build a cross GCC compiler for PPC476. I applied all the relevant patches. Cross compiler build was successful. When i try to compile the source code using the cross compiler i am getting the below error... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Troubles building on solaris 9 and executing on solaris 10

Hi, I have to build an application on solaris 9 which is supposed to run on solaris 10 computers. I heard that solaris 9 builds should run on solaris 10 without any troubles. However, there is some trouble. Calling ldd on the programm reveals that "libgcc_s.so.1" and "libstdc++.so.6" are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikehammer80
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Advanced Sysconfig use when building non-global zones in Solaris 11

I'm in an LDOM. I'm building non-global IP exclusive zones. I am using manifests and profiles to configure the system after install so I don't have to tab through the sysconfig startup dialog everytime I boot a system the first time for settings that never change (DNS, regional data, NTP etc). I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Building X11 applications on Solaris 10

Hi all, I'm trying to verify that I can build x applications on Solaris 10 and am using xcalc & xeyes as my test applications: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xcalc git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xeyes Running autogen.sh on this fails with: error: must install xorg-macros... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: testers1717
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Make error while building perl on Solaris 10

Hi, I am trying to build per 5.20.1 on solaris 10 and getting below compilation error. Creating Makefile.PL in cpan/Archive-Tar for Archive::Tar Running Makefile.PL in cpan/Archive-Tar ../../miniperl -I../../lib Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=perl INSTALLMAN1DIR=none INSTALLMAN3DIR=none... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikrambhimbar
1 Replies
BUILDER-CC(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						     BUILDER-CC(1)

NAME
builder-cc - gcc wrapper to facilitate pentium-optimizations SYNOPSIS
export DEBIAN_BUILDARCH=architecture export DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER=gcc-version gcc ... DESCRIPTION
The builder-cc wrapper is normally used by calling gcc as usual. If the environment variable DEBIAN_BUILDARCH is not set, builder-cc does nothing, and the real gcc is invoked with the specified arguments. When the DEBIAN_BUILDARCH environment variable is set, builder-cc invokes gcc with the specified arguments, plus -mcpu=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH -march=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH This has the effect of telling gcc to use architecture-specific optimizations without changing the command line. This is particularly useful for package builds. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is not set, builder-cc calls gcc.real. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is set, builder-cc calls gcc-DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER instead. ENVIRONMENT
DEBIAN_BUILDARCH If set, the architecture to compile for. Useful values are pentium or pentiumpro. DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER If set, the version of gcc to be invoked. Useful values are 3.0 or 2.95. NOTES
The real gcc is renamed gcc.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus builder-cc's idea of the default gcc is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/gcc. SEE ALSO
gcc(1) Debian Project 2002-03-02 BUILDER-CC(1)