Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how can make if [ $f1 -nt $f2 ] works in solaries Post 302186395 by Shivdatta on Thursday 17th of April 2008 05:55:09 AM
Old 04-17-2008
check man test....

use -ne....

what are you trying to achieve...If you are trying to compare two files...
this wont help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from Solaries to somewhere in Network Drive

Hello to Unix Guru I need to move a ASCII file that is created from oracle into Unix box. I need to move this particular file to somewhere on network drive which is physically hosted on different machine. Can any one suggest what would be best approach to move the file? Any shell script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u263066
1 Replies

2. Solaris

upgrading from solaries 9 to 10

Hi, I am running soalries 9 on sparc machine and would like to upgrade it to solaries 10, I have downloaded and burned the ISO file on the CD. How do I upgrade it now? Is there any guide or anything available? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

3. Solaris

solaries on intel ?

Hi, Can we install solaries in regular intel pc? Or we should use sun machine? Please let me know. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

my sound card doesn't work under solaries 10

i'm new with solaries and i have laptop hp pavilion ze4938ea and the sound doesn't work with it what can i do ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramy_feteha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make ksh to work on solaries

i have a script i which i am using #!/bin/ksh todate=$(date +%m%d%y) dir="$dir/port${todate}" the above one works in linux ...ut not working in solaries could some one please help me in that (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
13 Replies

6. Solaris

C++ Core dump in Solaries

Hello All, I need to basically capture any core dump of C++ binary which is running in a perl script on SUN Solaris OS. I dont kno much in C++. Can you please suggest me a C++ binary that core dumps when i run which i can use to capture in my Perl script. Thanks, Sateesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Re:Enabling ftp,ssh in solaries 8

Hi all , can any one tell me how to enable ftp/ssh services in solarie 8 machine. if this services cannot be enabled on solarie 8 machine can you kindly suggest any other alternative. Thanks venky (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venky_vemuri
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Location of bash_profile in solaries zone??

Hi All I am very new to solaris and i want to know what is the purpose of bash_profile file Where this file is located? Actually I want to set EDITOR variable to the file so can pls tell me hw can i do it........ one more thing what is bashrc used for is there any relation b/w bashrc and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Memory allocation failure for pkgadd in solaries.

On installing a package in one of the solaries VM, i am getting the below error, pkgadd: ERROR: memory allocation failure, errno=0 Installation of <CSCObac> failed. We also collect some stat in the troubleshooting process but could not figure out why. SNTDCAUJD04FD2# df -h Filesystem size... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kiran Reddy D
1 Replies
xmltest(1)						      General Commands Manual							xmltest(1)

NAME
xmltest - Test script to send CIM-XML (via wbemcat) to CIMOM and compare to known results SYNOPSIS
xmltest [FILE] DESCRIPTION
xmltest is a script that is used to send a raw CIM-XML test file to the sfcb CIMOM (using wbemcat) and then compares the returned CIM-XML results against a previously determined 'OK' result file to check whether the returned results match the expected results. If there does not yet exist an 'OK' corresponding to the XML file then xmltest will save the returned results as the new OK file for later use. If the returned CIM-XML results don't match the existing 'OK' file a new 'result' file will be generated containing the erroneous results. If no FILE is specified xmltest will use all files with a .xml extension in the current directory path. EXAMPLE
If there is no 'OK' file to compare returned CIM-XML results against xmltest will generate one. # xmltest test/getclass.Linux_OperatingSystem.xml Running test test/getclass.Linux_OperatingSystem.xml ... OK Saving response as test/getclass.Linux_OperatingSystem.OK If the returned CIM-XML results match the existing 'OK' file xmltest will signal that the test passed. # xmltest test/getclass.Linux_OperatingSystem.xml Running test test/getclass.Linux_OperatingSystem.xml ... Passed If the returned CIM-XML results don't match the existing 'OK' file xmltest will signal that the tes failed and generate a 'result' file containing the erroneous results. # xmltest test/getclass.Linux_OperatingSystem.xml Running test test/getclass.Linux_OperatingSystem.xml ... FAILED Check test/getclass.Linux_OperatingSystem.result for errors PREREQUISITES
Requires wbemcat on search path. AUTHOR
Dr. Gareth S. Bestor <bestor@us.ibm.com> CONTRIBUTORS
Adrian Schuur <schuur@de.ibm.com> BUGS
Does not adequately deal with additional http headers/footers caused by chunking responses, which will result in false failures when com- paring results to existing "x.OK" files. The SBLIM project maintains a mailing list to which you should direct all questions regarding sfcb, sfcc, wbemcli, or any of the SBLIM providers. To subscribe to this mailing list visit http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sblim-issues The SBLIM Project Bug tracking page can be found at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=128809&atid=712784 COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright IBM Corp. 2004, 2005 AVAILABILITY
The Small-Footprint CIM Broker (sfcb) is a part of the SBLIM project. The most recent version is available on the web at http://sblim.sourceforge.net/ SEE ALSO
wbemcat(1) xmltest Version 1.3.16 August 2005 xmltest(1)