Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Append value(batch number) to start of records Post 302186215 by era on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 05:11:06 PM
Old 04-16-2008
I put $1 just like you had. Sorry, that's obviously pretty obscure. Replace that with the actual file name.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Script to start a remote batch job on another server

Hi , I am trying to execute one script residing on server B from server A and in automated way but with a trigger. My main quetion are 1) How I will login to the remote server automatically with user name and password. ( rsh or any other way ?) 2) Once logged in I need to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agent47
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append records to a file using PERL

Hi All, Great Forum and Great help. Keep up the good work. My question is what is the command and it's syntax to append a record to an output file using PERL. Please provide the command syntax. In regular shell you can use the '>>' to append. Basically, I am creating a small report... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nurani
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string at start of line

Hi, I want to append # at the start of line wherever keyword xyz is found through stream editor? Is it possible? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: db2cap
18 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append symbol at the start of each line

hi, i have some values in excel sheet as in below format: 122 144 222 555 666 etc.... i need to get the output in the below manner.. £122 £144 £222 £555 £666 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pull date from header and append to all records

I did some searches, but couldn't really find what I'm looking for. I have a file formatted as below: BOF ABC CO - XYZ COMM DATA OF 07/05/2011 EBA00000001 sdfa rtyus uyml EBB00000001 54682 984w3 EBA00000002 mkiyuasdf 98234 I want to pull the date from the header record and add it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keeferb
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to start a vbs from a windows batch file?

Morning, I'm trying to execute a vbs from a .bat file. Can someone tell me what the difference is between these statements: start c:\lib\runit.vbc c:\lib\runit.vbs When I run the batch with the 'start' parameter it doesn't seem to do anything. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print number of records, divide this number

I would like to print the number of records of 2 files, and divide the two numbers awk '{print NR}' file1 > output1 awk '{print NR}' file2 > output2 paste output1 output2 > output awl '{print $1/$2}' output > output_2 is there a faster way? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmerc
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

The difference between end number in the early row and the start number in the next

Hi Power User, I'm trying to compute this kind of text file format: file1: jakarta 100 150 jakarta 170 210 beijing 220 250 beijing 260 280 beijing 290 320 new_york 330 350 new_york 370 420 tokyo 430 470 tokyo 480 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjas
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start process on X number of files and then wait for the next batch

Thanks for RudiC for his extraordinary help on organizing files in a batch of 10 using below code. FL=($(ls)); for ((i=0;i<=${#FL};i++)); do for j in ${FL:$i:10}; do $batch ${j} ${j}.txt done; echo "Pausing for next iteration"; echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
6 Replies
man(1)							     Code::Blocks IDE man page							    man(1)

NAME
Code::Blocks - The open-source, cross-platform IDE SYNOPSIS
codeblocks [-h] [-ns] [-d] [--prefix <str>] [-p <str>] [--profile <str>] [--rebuild] [--build] [--target <str>] [--no-batch-window-close] [--batch-build-notify] [filename(s)...] DESCRIPTION
codeblocks launches the Code::Blocks IDE. Its various command-line arguments are listed below. OPTIONS
-h, --help Displays the list of accepted command-line arguments. -ns Do not display a splash screen on startup. The splash screen can be completely disabled in the program's environment options. -d Enable the debugging log. --prefix Specify an alternate path for Code::Blocks to find its shared files. -p, --profile Set which profile to use. If you set the profile to ask , Code::Blocks will display a list with all the known profiles to choose from. --rebuild Start a batch rebuild (i.e. "clean" and "build") job on the filenames passed as arguments. The filenames can be either projects or workspaces. --build Start a batch build (i.e. no "clean") job on the filenames passed as arguments. The filenames can be either projects or workspaces. --target Specify a single build target to build in the batch build (or rebuild) job. --no-batch-window-close When the batch job ends, the log window closes too. This option keeps it open until you manually close it. --batch-build-notify Display a message when the batch job finishes. EXAMPLES
Batch build myproject.cpp, only the "Debug" target and keep the batch job window open when finished: codeblocks --build --target="Debug" --no-batch-window-close myproject.cbp Batch rebuild everything in myproject.cpp: codeblocks --rebuild myproject.cbp AUTHOR
Yiannis "mandrav" Mandravellos (mandrav@codeblocks.org) HISTORY
2006 - Initial version 1.0 10 July 2006 man(1)