Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: copy lv scsi to san
Operating Systems AIX copy lv scsi to san Post 302186112 by itik on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 01:43:18 PM
Old 04-16-2008
copy lv scsi to san

Hi All,

Regarding my migration of (multiple PV) scsi to san (single PV). I was able to copy lv from scsi to san.

The only problem is how can I remove the old lv/old fs to put up the new lv/ old fs. If I try to mount the new lv/old fs, it will have error "There is no plausible log device for /dev/lv ("fs"). I added the jfslog on the new lv, it's still the same error.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
itik

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi

How can you get a scsi card to initalize or decome available at boot up on AIX 4.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truma1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi

I would like to install a AIT drive to the scsi connector on our solaris box. I am very new to the unix world and would be greatful if someone could help or lead me in the right direction. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpyle
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

4. AIX

mirror external scsi to san

Hi, How do I mirror an external scsi vg to one hdisk san? The vg has multiple hdisks and the san hdisk has only one. Is this possible or do I need to create the same hdisks as the scsi? What I meant is, if the scsi vg has 10 hdisk then I need to create also 10 hdisk of san with the same... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
6 Replies

5. AIX

IBM SAN Storage DS4700 - Copy Mirror Flashcopy

Hello, Does anyone know how to copy SAN Storage logical disks from IBM TotalStorage Software. I have a SAN Logical Disk of 200GB mounted on my AIX LPAR_1 via fibre channel fcs0 I would like to make an exact copy of the SAN Logical Disk from IBM totalStorage and mount it on AIX LPAR_2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is in-core copy and disk-copy of i-node table?

I have found a question from the exercises of my study mat. The question is "Why are there a in-core copy and a disk-copy of i-node block and super block?" If any one know the proper answer then please send me..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dearanik
1 Replies

7. AIX

Mount a SAN LUN which contains clone copy - AIX 6.1

Hello Everyone, Can someone help me to mount a SAN hdisk which contains a clone data copy(san) of the remote server to the another machine. Both servers are running in AIX. Thanks in advance ! Regards, Gowtham.G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

8. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to make an exact image copy of a SCSI hard drive in Solaris 8 OS?

To Solaris 8 Experts, Please let me know what's the best method / procedure as well as the Solaris 8 commands for accomplishing the following tasks on a production Sun Enterprise 250 Server running Sun Solaris 8 Operating System: 1. Make an exact image/copy of the SCSI Hard Drive in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
3 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Faster way: SAN hd to SAN hd copying

hi! i got a rhel 6.3 host that already have an xfs filesystem mounted from a SAN (let's call it SAN-1) whose size is 9TB. i will be receiving another SAN (let's call it SAN-2) storage of 15TB size. this new addition is physically on another SAN storage. SAN-1 is on a Pillar storage while the new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
6 Replies
scsi-spin(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      scsi-spin(8)

NAME
scsi-spin - spin up and down a SCSI device SYNOPSIS
scsi-spin [-options...] [device] DESCRIPTION
scsi-spin let the user to manually spin up and down a SCSI device. This command is particularly useful if you've got noisy (or hot) drives in a machine that you rarely need to access. This is not the same as the kernel patch that's floating around that will automatically spin down the drive after some time. scsi-spin is completely manual, and spinning down a drive that's in use, especially the one containing the scsi-spin binary, is probably a really bad idea. To avoid running in trouble with such cases, scsi-spin verifies that the device to work on is not currently in use by scanning the mounted file system description file for a partition living on it and issue an error if this the case. OPTIONS
-u, --up spin up device. -d, --down spin down device. -e, --loej load or eject medium from drive (use along with -u or -d ) -w, --wait=[n] wait up to n seconds for the spin up/down command to complete. Default is to return immediately after the command was sent to the device. Either repeat -w n times or set n to define the time to wait before to report a timeout. -l, --lock prevent removal of medium from device. -L, --unlock allow removal of medium from device. -I, --oldioctl use legacy ioctl interface instead of SG_IO to dialog with device (could not be supported on all platforms). -e and -w are not allowed with this option. -v, --verbose=[n] verbose mode. Either repeat -v or set n accordingly to increase verbosity. 1 is verbose, 2 is debug (dump SCSI commands and Sense buffer). -f, --force force spinning up/down the device even if it is in use. -n, --noact do nothing but check if the device is in use. -p, --proc use /proc/mounts instead of /etc/mtab to determine if the device is in use or not. device the device is any name in the filesystem which points to a SCSI block device (sd, scd) or generic SCSI device (sg). See section below. SCSI devices naming convention Old kernel naming convention It is typically /dev/sd[a-z] , /dev/scd[0-9]* or /dev/sg[0-9]*. scsidev naming convention It is typically /dev/scsi/s[rdg]h[0-9]*-e????c?i?l? or /dev/scsi/<aliasname>. devfs naming convention It is typically /dev/scsi/host[0-9]/bus[0-9]/target[0-9]/lun[0-9]/disc (same for cd and generic devices) or short name /dev/sd/c[0-9]b[0-9]t[0-9]u[0-9] when devfsd "new compatibility entries" naming scheme is enabled. SEE ALSO
scsiinfo(8), sg_start(8), sd(4), proc(5), AUTHORS
Eric Delaunay <delaunay@debian.org>, 2001 Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>, 1998 03 September 2001 scsi-spin(8)