Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I give Java developers access to Solaris server Post 302186101 by gsander on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 12:54:33 PM
Old 04-16-2008
Some of it does make sense and it does help. I asked about the java they are using. they are using Sun One web server - actually building a web app for it. They want to deploy the application to the web server. I have created an account for them to use already. It is a member of the root group. That might be more than they need but this is the test server. I want to be more restrictive on production. Sudo might be the answer but I will need to read up on it a good bit. Should the developers use the same account that the web server runs under?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Java Portal Server 6 and Solaris 10

Hello, I have recently installed Solaris 10 OE in an Ultra-10 stand alone workstation. I would like to know where can I find information regarding which version of Sun Web technologies such as: Sun Java Portal 6.x Sun Java Web Server 6.x Sun Java Identity Server Sun Java Directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosqueda_albert
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to give sudo access to subdirectories?

Say I want to give someone access to /example/directory/* where * equals all the sub directories inside of /example/directory I tried doing something like joe DEV1=(ROOT) /example/directory/ But that doesn't seem to want to work. If I give him the full subdirectory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Give Solaris server documentation

If you have documents of preconfigured Solaris server with all tuned improvements.. This is all about how it is released, as first example. It must contain ready instructions to setup server from scratch in a case of global system crash mb some FS tunings (i.e. log fs, var fs) mb some ready... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access to particular IP's from the solaris/LINUX server

Hi All, I have a scenario here where in I need to allow a user from the server(Solaris or LINUX) to be able to ssh to a particular set of IP's. Eg:user1 should be able to access IP's 10.26.32.2,10.26.32.7,10.26.32.9 user2 should be able to access IP's 10.1.1.2,10.1.1.4(just an example) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk123
2 Replies

5. SCO

how to give Telnet access

Hello, I have recently taken over administration of a Sco Unixware server (Version 7.1.4), but have no previous experience with Unix. I now have the following problem: Most computers on the network are unable to Telnet to the Unix server but some PCs with privileged users can, which is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke75
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to give sudo access to the personal id's to that of application id in Solaris 10?

Hi, I am using solaris 10. Requirement is I need to give sudo access to the normal id's to the application userid. Example:I have an personal id calle "rzynv5" on the solaris server.I have an application id called "gmdidp".Requirement here is when user logged in as rzynv5 next thing he... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies
jconsole(1)						      General Commands Manual						       jconsole(1)

NAME
jconsole - J2SE Monitoring and Management Console SYNOPSIS
jconsole [ options ] [ pid | [ host:port ... ] ] PARAMETERS
pid Process ID of a Java VM that was started with -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote option on the same machine. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. host:port Host name on which the Java VM is running and the port number through which the Java VM's JMX Connector is published. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. DESCRIPTION
The jconsole command launches a graphical console tool that enables you to monitor and manage Java applications and virtual machines on a local or remote machine. NOTE- This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-interval=n Set the update interval to n seconds (default is 4 seconds) -notile Do not tile windows initially (for two or more connections) -version Output version information abd exit. -help Output help message and exit. SEE ALSO
Monitoring and Management for Java Platform at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/index.html 06 Feb 2004 jconsole(1)