Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem printing the property of xml file via shell script Post 302186096 by danmero on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 12:42:04 PM
Old 04-16-2008
Code:
 awk -F'"' '$2=="dbname" {print $4}' file.xml

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to invoke a shell script from xml file.

hi all, forgive me if this question is not relevant to this section. i have a shell file that will automatically deploy the files that are necessary and will compile them. i need to automate this management process through cruise control, for this i need to know whether it is possible for me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to nvoke a xml file from a shell script

hi all , i have a shell script that performs all the steps required for deployment of a tar file .. there is a tool that helps me in finding out what files should go in that tar file... this tool is fully in xml as it invokes ant ( a build tool in java ).... i want to invoke that xml file from a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file in shell script

Hi Everybody, I have an XML file containing some data and i want to extract it, but the specific issue in my file is that the data is repeated some times like the following example : <section1> <subsection1> X=... Y=... Z=... <\subsection1> <subsection2> X=... Y=... Z=...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yassine
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read xml value depending on property

Hi have some xml like this <example> <Cell Name="Cell1" ConfigureHost="claas" Role="APPSERV,BACKEND"> <Node Name="aaaaa" Role="APPSERV,BACKEND,CLM"/> <Node Name="vvvv" Role="APPSERV,BACKEND"/> <Mercury Type="default" FQDN="ssssss" PrimaryReturnFQDN=""/> </Cell> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javaholics
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report a missing property and property value mis match script.

Hi All, I have 2 properties files - one is a master templete and other one is a node specific properties file, I need to comapre these 2 properties files and make sure the node Specific properties file contains all the properties in the master temple properties file else report the missing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayka
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a property file through shell script???

Hi! i need a script that can read a property file. i.e., A script to read a "property" from property file. Read the property value and based on value of property, decide whether to start the some dataload activity or not. Its urngent. Can anyone help me out???:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Xml file wallpaper

Hello, I have a custom background in my Fedora 14 OS. which changes every 10 mins, I was able to edit an Xml file for this purpose. The structure of the Xml file looks as follows : <!-- This animation will start at time shown above. --> <static> <duration>600.0</duration> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to read XML file

Hi unix Gurus, I am really new to Unix Scripting. Please help me to create a shell script which reads the xml file and from that i need to fetch a particular information. For example <SOURCE BUSINESSNAME ="" DATABASETYPE ="Teradata" DBDNAME ="DWPROD3" DESCRIPTION ="" NAME... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmilePlease
5 Replies
DtSearchRetrieve(library call)											    DtSearchRetrieve(library call)

NAME
DtSearchRetrieve -- Return clear text of documents from DtSearch databases SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Search.h> int DtSearchRetrieve( char *dbname, DB_ADDR dba, char **cleartext, long *clearlen, int *fzkeyi); DESCRIPTION
DtSearchRetrieve retrieves the uncompressed document text of a specified DtSearch document listed in the DtSrResult list from a previous call to DtSearchQuery. It will be successful only in an AusText type database where the documents are stored directly in a database reposi- tory. ARGUMENTS
dbname Specifies which database the document is stored in. It can be any one of the database name strings returned from DtSearchInit or DtSearchReinit. If dbname is NULL, the first database name string is used. dba The database address of the desired record from the DtSrResult.dba field in a search results list. cleartext Specifies a pointer where a zero terminated C string containing the document text will be stored. The string is allocated storage that will be freed by the next call to this function. clearlen Specifies a pointer where the length of the cleartext string will be stored. fzkeyi This is a reserved argument. It should always be NULL. RETURN VALUE
DtSearchRetrieve returns DtSrOK as well as the cleartext string, when document retrieval is completely successful. It returns DtSrNOTAVAIL if the document text is not available from the database for whatever reason. Any other return code signifies failure and user messages on the MessageList explain why. Any API function can also return DtSrREINIT and the return codes for fatal engine errors at any time. SEE ALSO
dtsrcreate(1), DtSrAPI(3), DtSearchQuery(3), DtSearch(5) DtSearchRetrieve(library call)