Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users problem when compiling and installing the kernel Post 302186054 by jalil smail on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 10:56:06 AM
Old 04-16-2008
Java problem when compiling and installing the kernel

hello;
i'm trying to install a new kernel in fedora core 5 i'm using the following command:
Code:
/usr/src/linux-2.6.15.1# make && make modules && make modules_install && make install 

but i always have the following error:
ld: édition de lien finale en échec: Aucun espace disponible sur le périphérique

make[2]: *** [arch/i386/kernel/cpu/built-in.o] Erreur 1

make[1]: *** [arch/i386/kernel/cpu] Erreur 2
make: *** [arch/i386/kernel] Erreur 2
can any one tell me where is the problem?

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 04-16-2008 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

Upgrading FC3 kernel 2.6.9-1.667 to 2.6.10 and compiling it

Upgrading FC3 kernel 2.6.9-1.667 to 2.6.10 and compiling it Upgrading FC3 kernel 2.6.9-1.667 to 2.6.10 and compiling it( almost same steps to upgrade to 2.6.11 and above ....note--> also check additional documentation) ############################################################# 1. First of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Compiling 2.6 Kernel. :confused:

Dear Linux Masters, I need ur help in the following: 1. Compiling 2.6 kernel. 2. my Redhat system is 2.4 kernel how to add 2.6 kernel. 3. I need minimum feature in 2.6 ( most probably related to networking) Please let me know if any sites to download 2.6 kernel. Can u all please help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokmeti
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling Mach 3.0 Kernel

Hi, I am very new to this. I would like to compile the Mach 3.0 kernel. Can someone explain, step-by-step, how to turn all the Mach 3.0 kernel code into a single binary file that will run directly on an x86 computer? Also, once (and if) I get it working, what software works on it? My goal is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dublinus
2 Replies

4. Linux

Help Cross compiling a kernel for an HP Jornada 728

Hello, I just bought an old Jornada 728 and, as you may know, it comes with Windows CE 3.0. I do not use Windows, so i wanted to create my own linux system for the Jornada. I know there are projects like Jlime, Familiar Linux, 720 Degrees, etc. But i want something based on the distribution i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: semash!
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling Kernel for an Embedded System

-----Edit----- My original post was long and confusing. To sum it up, I am wondering how to do the following Debian based commands on an RPM type system. dpkg -i XXX.deb update-initramfs -k xxx -c update-grub I hope someone can provide some insight. Thanks in advance! --------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b4sakenxx
0 Replies

6. Linux

Automate compiling of linux kernel

Hi, I'm a newbie at kernel compilation. Currently trying to do a bash script to automate the compiling process of the linux kernel. I'm having some problems with automating the configuration. I know its possible to load an existing .config file in the make menuconfig screen prompt. But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloe_vera
3 Replies

7. Linux

kernel compiling

Hello, I have several questions to get awnsered about the newer linux kernels (2.6.25) and above. 1st question: Ive read that the newer kernels you can compile the marvell sd8686 driver from the source. can anyone confrim this? only binaries i see for that driver are for 2.6.24 and im already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: old noob
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while compiling the kernel 3.3.1.

Hi I m using redhat 6 with kernel release 2.6.32-71.el6.i686 I have downloaded latest kernel 3.3.1 from kernel.org . when i run make module_install i get below error. # make modules_install /usr/src/kernels/linux-3.3.1/scripts/depmod.sh: line 37: 11314 Killed ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

9. SuSE

Problem compiling the kernel and linking problems in OpenSuse 12.3

Hi everyone I installed OpenSuse 12.3 and many development tools but when i propose build the kernel from the source (the first step make menuconfig) i saw this: HOSTLD scripts/kconfig/mconf /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: warning: libdl.so.2,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacesado
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Missing Modules After Compiling Kernel

I'm a little embarrassed after all these years I've never really successfully compiled my own kernel. I used this guide to make the following files: linux-headers-5.1.9_5.1.9-1_amd64.deb linux-image-5.1.9_5.1.9-1_amd64.deb linux-libc-dev_5.1.9-1_amd64.deb When I first booted into this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
4 Replies
DI-NETBOOT-ASSISTANT(1) 					   User Commands					   DI-NETBOOT-ASSISTANT(1)

NAME
di-netboot-assistant - Debian-Installer netboot assistant SYNOPSIS
di-netboot-assistant [-hv] [--verbose] [--offline] {[install image...] | [purge image...] | [rebuild-menu] } [--arch=arch] DESCRIPTION
di-netboot-assistant is a simple tool to download and extract latest debian installer netboot images. Unless the -h, --help, -v, or --version option is given, one of the commands below must be present. install install is followed by a repository name desired for installation. The repository name has to be one of those declared in /etc/di- netboot-assistant/di-sources.list. The image will be installed/extracted in the default location (declared in /etc/di-netboot- assistant/di-netboot-assistant.conf). purge purge will remove a previously installed d-i netboot image, according to the image name specified. OPTIONS
rebuild-menu rebuild-menu will rebuild the to level menu. It's only usefull if you have installed some client images that have such top level menu (like i386, amd64 and ia64). This command takes no argument. -h, --help Print this message and exit -v, --version Print script version and exit --arch=arch Specify the architecture you want to install or purge. The architecture you can use for the install action must be declared in /etc/di-netboot-assistant/di-sources.list. The architecture you can use for purge action in one of those you previously installed ! The usable architectures can be listed by leaving --arch= empty. The default architecture is the current one (as reported by dpkg's APT::Architecture). --verbose Verbose messages --offline Don't download the file (simply re-extract and build menu) PROXY
di-netboot-assistant uses wget or curl to actually download the files. You can set the environnement variables accordingly. AUTHOR
di-netboot-assistant was written by Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be>. Franklin Piat May 2008 DI-NETBOOT-ASSISTANT(1)