Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing two files and appending only missing lines. Post 302185984 by Karthick333031 on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 08:20:19 AM
Old 04-16-2008
yes the order of files is important. i want to compare perl source code files.

Thanks,
Karthick

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending Consecutive lines

Hi, I have a file containing a single field on every row. What I need is to append one on to the end of another, e.g. The input file looks like this: nnnnn mmmmmm nnnnn mmmmmm I need it to look like this: nnnnn mmmmmm nnnnn mmmmmm Any ideas would be much appreciated,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help appending lines/combining lines within a file...

Is there a way to combine two lines onto a single line...append the following line onto the previous line? I have the following file that contains some blank lines and some lines I would like to append to the previous line... current file: checking dsk c19t2d6 checking dsk c19t2d7 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing lines from 2 files

Hi Friends, I have 2 files A and B . I want to compare the 3rd line of file A and B . (I dont want to compare the 2 files, using diff or cmp). I just want to know whether 3rd line of A matches the 3 rd line of B. Can anybody share their knowledge on the same? Thanks , Vijaya (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 files and return the unique lines in first file

Hi, I have 2 files file1 ******** 01-05-09|java.xls| 02-05-08|c.txt| 08-01-09|perl.txt| 01-01-09|oracle.txt| ******** file2 ******** 01-02-09|windows.xls| 02-05-08|c.txt| 01-05-09|java.xls| 08-02-09|perl.txt| 01-01-09|oracle.txt| ******** (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Omit Blank Lines while comparing two files.

Hello All, I am writting file comparison Utility and I have encountered such a senario where there are 2 files such as follows- 1#!/usr/local/bin/python 2 import gsd.scripts.admin.control.gsdPageEscalate 3.gsd.scripts.admin.control.gsdPageEscalate.main() 1 #!/usr/local/bin/python... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and count number of lines that match

Hello all, I always found help for my problems using the search option, but this time my request is too specific. I have two files that I want to compare. File1 is the index and File2 contains the data: File1: chr1 protein_coding exon 500 600 . + . gene_id "20532";... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing lines of two different files

Hello, Please help me with this problem if you have a solution. I have two files: <file1> : In each line, first word is an Id and then other words that belong to this Id piMN-1 abc pqr xyz py12 niLM y12 FY4 pqs fiRLym F12 kite red <file2> : same as file1, but can have extra lds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mira
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 text files & downloading a file if the last lines are different

Hello I'm having a little difficulty in writing a shell script for a few simple tasks. First I have two files "file1.txt" and "file2.txt" and I want to read and compare the last line of each file. The files look like this. File1.txt File2.txt After comparing the two lines I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RustikGaming
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparing and appending based on fields

I want to compare 2 files, locus_file.txt is a very large file and attr.txt is a small file. I want to match the first 2 columns of the first file to the second column of attr.txt and print the attributes together. locus_file.txt:large file LOC_Os02g47020, LOC_Os03g57840,0.88725114... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging multiple lines to columns with awk, while inserting commas for missing lines

Hello all, I have a large csv file where there are four types of rows I need to merge into one row per person, where there is a column for each possible code / type of row, even if that code/row isn't there for that person. In the csv, a person may be listed from one to four times... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RalphNY
9 Replies
VCF-COMPARE(1)							   User Commands						    VCF-COMPARE(1)

NAME
vcf-compare - compare bgzipped and tabix indexed VCF files SYNOPSIS
compare-vcf [OPTIONS] file1.vcf file2.vcf ... DESCRIPTION
About: Compare bgzipped and tabix indexed VCF files. (E.g. bgzip file.vcf; tabix -p vcf file.vcf.gz) OPTIONS
-c, --chromosomes <list|file> Same as -r, left for backward compatibility. Please do not use as it will be dropped in the future. -d, --debug Debugging information. Giving the option multiple times increases verbosity -H, --cmp-haplotypes Compare haplotypes, not only positions -m, --name-mapping <list|file> Use with -H when comparing files with differing column names. The argument to this options is a comma-separated list or one mapping per line in a file. The names are colon separated and must appear in the same order as the files on the command line. -R, --refseq <file> Compare the actual sequence, not just positions. Use with -w to compare indels. -r, --regions <list|file> Process the given regions (comma-separated list or one region per line in a file). -s, --samples <list> Process only the listed samples. Excluding unwanted samples may increase performance considerably. -w, --win <int> In repetitive sequences, the same indel can be called at different positions. Consider records this far apart as matching (be it a SNP or an indel). -h, -?, --help This help message. vcf-compare 0.1.5 July 2011 VCF-COMPARE(1)