Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High CPU activity running Oracle Post 302185953 by stocksj on Wednesday 16th of April 2008 07:07:22 AM
Old 04-16-2008
High CPU activity running Oracle

I'm running Oracle 10g on a V880 using Solaris 8 connected to a NetApps SAN and recently I've been getting cpu activity that normally is 2 -3 % now running from 14% ass a low up to 90% peak against oracle PIDs. No recent changes have been to Oracle or the OS. THere has been some firmware updates to the NetApps SAN but no errors can be found on the server or SAN. What can I check to see what's causing this high CPU activity? Oracle is also install on a SAN partition.

Thanks,

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Aix high cpu activity

Hello everyone I have this process running on my server. topas command User 98.6 |############################ I have this process Name PID CPU% PgSp Owner db2fm 565264 25.6 1.5 ldapdb2 db2fm 348328 23.6 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU Activity

One of my user always complains about the load on the server, he works in a different location & time zone. Is it possible to check the CPU activity during specific time/days? let us say for example, i want to check the load on the server at 9 pm to 10 PM on August 22th ? Not the current load.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydney2008
2 Replies

3. Solaris

High I/O on Sun server running Oracle.

Hi, Currently we have a Sun Fire 480R running Solaris 9 and Oracle 9.2.0.8. The server is fibre attached to a NetApp FAS3070. Two separate 100GB LUNs are presented to the server. The two LUNs are mounted as the file systems data and logs for the Oracle database. We are seeing high I/O... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

CPU is high

Hi , We found CPU is high due to python process .Is this something that Oracle team should look on or Unix team has to work on it ?Could you please advise use of python process ? top - 12:03:03 up 43 days, 15:11, 5 users, load average: 1.53, 1.33, 1.23 Tasks: 126 total, 3 running, 123... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
12 Replies
MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)			    Oracle SQL Developer Debian package builder 		      MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)

NAME
make-sqldeveloper-package - Oracle SQL Developer Debian package builder SYNOPSIS
make-sqldeveloper-package [options] <file> DESCRIPTION
make-sqldeveloper-package is a utility that builds a Debian package for Oracle SQL Developer. The Oracle SQL Developer program is governed by the copyright holder (Oracle USA, Inc.), so you may be limited as to what you can do with the resulting package (i.e. no redistribution, etc). This utility will simply help you create the Debian package, it is your responsibility to use the resulting package acordingly with the OTN license, a copy of which is included in the created package, that you must agree on when downloading the source. This utility will require you to download the "Oracle SQL Developer for other platforms" archive from <http://www.oracle.com/technet- work/developer-tools/sql-developer/> to create the Debian package from. OPTIONS
-b|--build-dir <dir> base directory to build package (autogenerated) -e|--email <email> local maintainer email (use DEBEMAIL or auto-generate) -i|--install install the generated package - needs root privilege (no) -k|--keep-dir keep the build directory (no) -l|--revision <number> local revision to append to package version (1) -m|--maintainer <name> local maintainer name (use DEBFULLNAME or leave empty) -r|--root-command <command> command to gain root privilege for package build (fakeroot) -u|--upstream-version <version> force the upstream version (autodetected) -h|--help display the help screen -v|--version show the program version <file> the "Oracle SQL Developer for other platforms" archive from <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/sql-developer/> AUTHOR
make-sqldeveloper-package was written by Lazarus Long <lazarus.long@bigfoot.com>. This manual page was written by Lazarus Long <lazarus.long@bigfoot.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). GNU
2012-11-13 MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)